Magnum Wheels Help

Gavin Jeffrey

Reaction score
Hi,
I am wanting to put a new set of Magnum wheels (vintique wheels) on my 1968 New Yorker.
It has factory Budd disc brakes and factory 15 " wheels.
I tried a new magnum rim on the front but was hitting the big Budd caliper ???
Can you fit Magnums to these cars with the Budd brakes.
Any help much appreciated.

Gavin.
Australia.

028.jpg

Gavin, your car looks EXCELLENT with this optional 15” wheels covers and that paint color.

In my opinion your car couldn’t look any better than it does right now!

Gavin, what about a longer set of studs and a quality spacer to allow the rims to sit outboard a bit, and clear that ridge on the caliper? Would that put the tire too close to the inner edges of the wheel openings? How much space do you need to clear the ridge?

Try stacking up some washers on 3 studs to see when they clear, and then add a tad for wheel flex, and you'll have your required thickness. Provided things are not going to rub on the wheel openings, then install longer studs and buy some quality spacers and there you go.

There are many spacers offered out there.

Looks really sharp as is but I know everyone wants to shake things up from time to time. You might look at these 15” wheel covers as an alternative to the new magnums. Shelby type are $$$$ but the t bird or LTD are as cheap as $15 each. Slap on a magnum decal and you’re go to go...

F6A24803-2463-4583-8607-F26709B40878.jpeg

23FA382D-3FE4-4ED9-8084-B18B514AFD7D.jpeg

AAE55F41-20E0-4A9F-82B2-A5DE84B6B063.jpeg

They are Ford 67 to 70/71 for Shelby Mustang T birds and the LTD.

If you want to replace the wheels for real, I'm interested in your hubcaps (and possibly tires depending on your price).

Back