Maiden Voyage-It liiives!

Kevin Mulholland

Reaction score
Bought my '65 300 L in October (need to get photos to upload-black vinyl roof, formal black paint, and black leather interior-picked up as a sold car at Coral Way Plymouth near Miami on 11/16/1964). Shipped it from Pittsburg to North East Arkansas in November. Went to work on waking it up from decades of slumber. Cleaned and sealed the fuel tank, new transmission filter, plugs, plug wires, points, completely rebuilt the brake system (all new lines, hoses, shoes, bearings, new vacuum booster - kept the drummies but updated to a two pot m/c). After months of trouble shooting and chasing gremlins, We hit the road. Ok, it was only two mile long laps but still..... Everything moved as it should, shifted as it should, and stopped as it should (brake checks at 10 mph, 20 mph, 30 mph, and 50 mph). Engine ran easy with plenty of power. Tons of work left to go, but for tonight, all is well.

Congrats to you. Very exciting for sure!:thumbsup:

Can’t wait to see it!

Welcome from Texas, looking forward to photos and more of the story.

Yes! Want to see the photos. I bought my 65 NYer back in early September, and did a lot of the things you described on your 300. LOTS of chasing gremlins down. But now, the more I drive it, the better it runs. Congrats!

dash.jpg

65 nyer.jpg

Your new ride seems like it looks like my favorite 300L that I have seen so far......................................

1651441071185.png

Your car could look "killer" too in the future it seems. Best wishes with the fixing up! These were great cars..................................

Bought my '65 300 L in October (need to get photos to upload-black vinyl roof, formal black paint, and black leather interior-picked up as a sold car at Coral Way Plymouth near Miami on 11/16/1964). Shipped it from Pittsburg to North East Arkansas in November. Went to work on waking it up from decades of slumber. Cleaned and sealed the fuel tank, new transmission filter, plugs, plug wires, points, completely rebuilt the brake system (all new lines, hoses, shoes, bearings, new vacuum booster - kept the drummies but updated to a two pot m/c). After months of trouble shooting and chasing gremlins, We hit the road. Ok, it was only two mile long laps but still..... Everything moved as it should, shifted as it should, and stopped as it should (brake checks at 10 mph, 20 mph, 30 mph, and 50 mph). Engine ran easy with plenty of power. Tons of work left to go, but for tonight, all is well.

Photos, Kevin - or it didn't happen :poke:

Yes, Kevin - post some pics!
Your car is a twin to mine except I have no VT. And mine's currently black but was originally silver.
But I do have leather (underneath cheapie seatcovers).

Back