Make Trucks Great Again

Carmine

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I hadn't seen this mentioned here so...

Fiat Chrysler Adding 2,500 Jobs to Warren Plant; Moving Production Back from Mexico

Here's something President Donald Trump can pound his chest about.

Fiat Chrysler announces that it plans to invest more than $1 billion to modernize the Warren Truck Assembly Plant on Mound Road, add 2,500 jobs there and relocate production of the its Dodge Ram trucks from Saltillo, Mexico to Warren. The company will also give $2,000 bonuses to approximately 60,000 FCA hourly and salaried employees in the U.S., excluding senior leadership, in the second quarter of the year.

The company, in a press release, said the moves were being "made possible in part by the passage of U.S. tax reform legislation." It emphasized that 2,500 jobs will be created, beyond ones announced last January.

The plant changeover will be done by 2020.

That new tax legislation cuts the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21%.

"These announcements reflect our ongoing commitment to our U.S. manufacturing footprint and the dedicated employees who have contributed to FCA's success," CEO Sergio Marchionne says in a statement. "It is only proper that our employees share in the savings generated by tax reform and that we openly acknowledge the resulting improvement in the U.S. business environment by investing in our industrial footprint accordingly."

IMG_20180112_092352.png

Yea but I wonder how many will apply for legal status and be 'vetted'.
Like all the one's they brought in for the North Carolina BMW plant under O'bamy.

27 hours to Warren, MI.
I think things are a little different at the border today than they were when Barry was in charge.
I suppose Mexico is going to pay for that wall one way or another (as in loss of Mexican jobs)

I hadn't seen this mentioned here so...

Fiat Chrysler Adding 2,500 Jobs to Warren Plant; Moving Production Back from Mexico

Here's something President Donald Trump can pound his chest about.

Fiat Chrysler announces that it plans to invest more than $1 billion to modernize the Warren Truck Assembly Plant on Mound Road, add 2,500 jobs there and relocate production of the its Dodge Ram trucks from Saltillo, Mexico to Warren. The company will also give $2,000 bonuses to approximately 60,000 FCA hourly and salaried employees in the U.S., excluding senior leadership, in the second quarter of the year.

The company, in a press release, said the moves were being "made possible in part by the passage of U.S. tax reform legislation." It emphasized that 2,500 jobs will be created, beyond ones announced last January.

The plant changeover will be done by 2020.

That new tax legislation cuts the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21%.

"These announcements reflect our ongoing commitment to our U.S. manufacturing footprint and the dedicated employees who have contributed to FCA's success," CEO Sergio Marchionne says in a statement. "It is only proper that our employees share in the savings generated by tax reform and that we openly acknowledge the resulting improvement in the U.S. business environment by investing in our industrial footprint accordingly."

View attachment 162060

Actually, the production shift started planning about 2.5 years ago...
And the economy has been improving for over 8 years now.
I'm retired and on a fixed income and guess what: my taxes just jumped over $900. a year! Over 66% of American's will see a tax increase! :wtf:

I'm retired and on a fixed income and guess what: my taxes just jumped over $900. a year! Over 66% of American's will see a tax increase! :wtf:

Actually Warren Truck was never planned for modern heavy duty trucks. The prior plan was DT overflow and a Jeep SUV built on a modified DT frame. This is new work made possible by the tear out.

I am not retired. Or you can just believe the company's press release, not the guys in Wyoming typing on Allpar. Was the $2000 bonus for 60,000 people in the cards as well?

Please give me the link that shows 66% will pay more? But also know that my wife does seasonal taxes for HR Block, so I'll be checking you source.

Make Warren Truck Great Again.jpg

There's always gotta be someone....I was wondering when the bashing would start.

Actually Warren Truck was never planned for modern heavy duty trucks. The prior plan was DT overflow and a Jeep SUV built on a modified DT frame. This is new work made possible by the tear out.

I am not retired. Or you can just believe the company's press release, not the guys in Wyoming typing on Allpar. Was the $2000 bonus for 60,000 people in the cards as well?

Please give me the link that shows 66% will pay more? But also know that my wife does seasonal taxes for HR Block, so I'll be checking you source.

View attachment 162130

Guess you didn't see the 5 year plan a few years back.

Facts are a tax increase for 75K and below. 66% of Americans make that. Simple math, no link needed.
(heck median US income is 54K, so there is 50% right there!)

Spoke with my Distribution Mgr about this today. What he has been told is that they will move the production to Warren to build the next gen heavy duty which isn’t till 2020 as a 2021 model. In the meantime production will continue at Satillo. They are also announcing a new commercial vehicle to be built at Satillo which no one is releasing any info on..... @Carmine what have you heard? This is also a strategic manouver to be ready for when Trump pulls the US out of Nafta which in my view is a big mistake for both our countries.

Back