Manual Brake Pedal Push Rod

1970FuryConv

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I am selling a 1970 Fury manual brake pedal to a friend. I have it and the master cylinder backing plate, but I don't have the pedal push rod. I recycled it, thinking it was integral to the master, cause the piston came out when I tried to remove it. Is the pedal push rod integral to the manual master for 1970? If not, can he use the power brake push rod he already has? If not, is there an adjustable push rod he can buy?
Destination car is a 1970 Newport.

Thanks!

I am selling a 1970 Fury manual brake pedal to a friend. I have it and the master cylinder backing plate, but I don't have the pedal push rod. I recycled it, thinking it was integral to the master, cause the piston came out when I tried to remove it. Is the pedal push rod integral to the manual master for 1970? If not, can he use the power brake push rod he already has? If not, is there an adjustable push rod he can buy?
Destination car is a 1970 Newport.

Thanks!
Pretty sure it’s a manual only application. Yes I bought one from Mancini Racing that is a good quality adjustable. I still had to cut it. Didn’t have enough adjustment but it was a race car so not apples to apples. Summit racing sells a variety of pushrods. On a Stock car with factory parts I’d rather have the correct factory parts. Everything fits & works like it is supposed to.

Back