Master cylinder

santts

Reaction score
I have a manual master cylinder thinking of switching to power. Will that affect my pedal height ? I mean I don't mind manual. Only reason I'm switching everything is my single pot finally started to leak. If I'm changing I'm certainly going to duel. How's duel manual drums ? Or should I just switch to front disc.? I may get those Leed Brakes. Any feedback on those ?

Thanks

Power Brakes use a different pedal than manual. If you get a power brake pedal, your pedal height will be unchanged.

I like front disc 1969-1972 OEM or 1973 OEM. No knowledge of Leeds

Also this car is actually a 65 savoy. Which is the same as the fury I believe. Does anyone know if the specs are the same regarding a front disc conversion

The Plymouth Savoy is close to a B-body in size. I would stick with manual dual reservoir 15/16 bore, that should feel good.

From what I've seen here, the Leeds brakes use the offshore sourced, generic (read GM) style booster and master cylinder and it seems like some guys have problems with pedal height and fitment.

I would update to the dual master and keep the manual drum brakes. The dual master is an easy swap... You can use a master cylinder from a later car, like let's say a '68 Chrysler. You'll have to either fabricate the new lines or better yet, one of the brake line repop companies will probably have the kit to do that.

If you really want to update to disc brakes, use the time honored OEM Mopar parts to do it. Some good reading on the subject: DISC-O-TECH: Stop on a dime from Mopar Action and Rick Ehrenberg and Fuselage - Drums to Disc Brake Conversion

Back