Master Power Brakes for 67 Imperial Crown Coupe

Grinch

Reaction score
Hi, I bought a brake conversion kit from Master Power Brakes for my 67 Imp Crown Coupe in order to get proper brakes and to get a constant source of rotors and pads in the future.
The problem is that the bracket for the calipers do not fit to the spindle. Unfortunately MPB is not a good help, they told me to get drum brake spindles...but as i found out from a guy here in this forum the 67 never had drums in the front.
Did anybody make the same experience? Where can i get a proper bracket for my brake set?
Thanks a lot..Christian

Last edited:
unfortunately the guy who owned master power sold the business to a bunch of corporate investors and retired a few years ago....so current management is clueless

Hi, I bought a brake conversion kit from Master Power Brakes for my 67 Imp Crown Coupe in order to get proper brakes and to get a constant source of rotors and pads in the future.
The problem is that the bracket for the calipers do not fit to the spindle. Unfortunately MPB is not a good help, they told me to get drum brake spindles...but as i found out from a guy here in this forum the 67 never had drums in the front.
Did anybody make the same experience? Where can i get a proper bracket for my brake set?
Thanks a lot..Christian
Kit was probably intended for C-body with drums. Unfortunately there are substantial differences between the Imp & more pedestrian C's. The Imperial has a spindle with a larger outer bearing which will potentially mess with wheel register & wheel selection because the Imps use larger 5 inch bolt circle wheels as opposed to 4-1/2". There are also big differences in lower ball joint arrangement and possibly steering linkage. It could become challenging and expensive to get the MPB setup to work. My recommendation would be to send the kit back and try to get the original setup to work, hopefully it's not a total mess.

In other words go back to the proper system the car was born with. The Budds really stop these cars perfectly and the challenges of parts availability would not keep me from using them. I can buy everything I’ve needed on the net right now It just might not be cheap.

the original calipers are available..the pads and rotors, where do you get them or do you have different parts that fit? I just made the experience to use the body of a 69 Imp window motor to change it with my broken one...

Pads might be a little trickier At the moment but you should be able to find them just stay away from metallics.

Has Anyone been able to have their worn pads redone ,Like re shoeing brake shoes ? Local truck wheel and brake shop ? Or sending them out ? I got a pair of junk rotors,no hubs for short money.

You might try these guys, they can re-line or build all kinds of stuff. Very reasonable too.

They built me a 16 button(8 per side) cerametallic clutch plate for my Esprit.

Buffalo Clutch. 716-892-2828

Back