Mathilda, Our Lovely 66 Newport, Wantonly DESTROYED by a Gen Xcrement Sociopath!

Gerald, you sound like soneone who would fit well where I live! It seems that many Americans view Canadians as rednecks. Many Canadians view Atlantic Canadians as rednecks. Many Atlantic Canadians view New Brunswickers as rednecks. Many New Brunswickers view Albert County folk as rednecks. Here in Albert County, New Brunswick, Canada, we just are happy to live in "God's Country"!!
Don't let them write off that beautiful car! Nothing is "beyond repair" if you have the will to fix it! Mathilda will ride again!!
Lindsay

Gerald, So sorry to hear about your loss. I probably have everything you need to fix Tilly. 66 Newport front sub frame, fairly clean right front fender, inner fenders, and hood, none of them dented. The bumper is somewhat pitted though. Unfortunately I live over 2500 miles away and the shipping cost would be more than I want for them. (Not to mention the labor to remove the parts). I wish you the best in your endeavor to bring her back.

Sorry to hear. Glad that in another thread you found a replacement.
My kid had a wreck back in June. The C. U. Next. Tuesday. he hit ranted on Facebook for 2 days. Then pulled it all down. Problem is all his friends screen shot everything. All archived. There are a ton of things she complained about, but the most glaring is the fact that her 9 year old got a bang on the head because of being the front seat, and the air bags did not go off because the had been disabled by replacement battle bumpers. Glad all that is documented. Glad you and your daughter are okay.

Last edited:
Even now, over 2.5 days after the crime, I grieve and rage for the BEST automobile God ever permitted me to own and drive, our 1966 Chrysler Newport, lovingly called "Mathilda" by all in my little family. All this summer, I've dreaded some tragedy, with good reason. Monday, September 13, at 0730, it occurred as I was driving my little 3 yr old autistic daughter home with me after dropping my wife and 6 yr old off at the elementary school where one works and the other is taking her first tentative steps into a society which has sought my own dissolution since I was younger than she. This hateful day, one specimen of these struck a SEVERE existential blow against all of us, by effectively destroying our one and only automobile at a time when we need her more than ever.

View attachment 485348
This was Mathilda, March 10, 2016. I had not even changed the license tags to my own yet.

View attachment 485350
This is how she is, Sept 15, 2021. Alas, I will have to retire this tag, and get my MONEY BACK FROM THE STATE FOR REGISTRATION, WHICH WAS GOOD UNTIL 2023!!!
View attachment 485351
The handywork of a fat, middle aged Gen X sociopath armed with a late model Infinity SUV, a cell phone and E-cigarette and a complete lack of Conscience or soul. I know what I say; I ran her background check and she has 5 aliases and has abode in at least 13 residential addresses in less than a decade. She seems to like registered sex-offenders for boyfriends too.

That monster was facing north at an intersection of an avenue with the road I was bound east on. There was NO traffic, yet this ugly ***** waited until I was nigh half through the intersection, THEN DROVE RIGHT OUT IN FRONT OF US, TURNING RIGHT TO HEAD EAST, PLACING THE REAR DRIVER SIDE CORNER OF THE SUV DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF MATHILDA'S MIDDLE!!! I SWERVED LEFT and BROKE HARD, the squeal of Tilly's tires audible over everything else, to brake our 35 mph east velocity just enough to prevent damage to the unibody frame structure. ITS STILL STRAIGHT!!! Now the front STUB frame is another matter.

My own right ulna fetched a hard crack on the steering wheel, as did my skull, but naught got broken there. I had a nasty bruise until today. God be THANKED and St. Joseph, Patron of Fathers and mechanics! Those brakes worked perfectly, but I had scarcely 3 feet to brake IN, and the evil ***** hit her own brakes too! SHE WANTED TO BE REAR ENDED!!!!

God bless the Tucson Police Dept officer who came though! He saw how things had occurred, charged the GenXcrement ***** for her traffic crime, and made sure I got well distanced from that monster and her charming beau, who resembled a registered sex offender in her most recent known residential location VERY CLOSELY. Now, PERHAPS I'm a trifle biased, but that ne'er-do-well looking SOB SURE LOOKS LIKE AN EX CONVICT, and I've known FAR too many such in this town.

Anyway, the very few words I heard from this succubus sufficed to alert me to her nature:" Oh it's Okay, I have FULL COVERAGE!!!" That was ALL I needed to hear from her upper orifice to KNOW what I was dealing with, and that I had best get cracking to find a lawyer and do some background checking.

It's not "okay."

SUCH MONSTROUS VANDALISM ON A CAREFULLY REPAIRED, WORKING ANTIQUE IS INEXCUSABLE!! DESTROYING A POOR FAMILY'S SOLE TRANSPORTATION IS EVEN WORSE!!!

She admitted her culpability even!! "Oh, its ALL MY FAULT!" she cheerfully gloated, even before that last remark, which effected me so that the Good Officer very quickly urged me away from her, seeing rightly that her provocative mouth made matters potentially dangerous. I'm grateful for that.

AAAAAANYWAY, I believe, despite the ugly state of the front passenger side quarter, that this car can be made roadworthy again. The stub frame is a loss, but I already have been seeking one for the past 2 years, so NOW I just have a more urgent situation. While the quarter panel is CLEARLY RUINED, the FENDER can be pulled back to a close approximation of its original shape, or just replaced.

And the rest of that front can likewise be unbolted, or hacked off if needs be. Then the replacement parts can be boIted on. I can do all this labor myself, except any sheetmetal crafting. THAT I'll want a "pro" to help with or do.

My GREATEST FEAR comes from whether the filthy insurance racketeers will properly compensate me and mine for this horrible act of Stupidity, Recklessness or Worse of which we clearly are victims. I'm guardedly optimistic that the police recorded the facts of the matter well enough.

Aside from insurance crapitalist perfidy, I fear the scarcity of affordable parts, thanks to evil foreign flippers, and worse, FEDERAL BUYERS who have busied themselves DESTROYING ALL PRE-COMPUTER AUTOMOBILES BECAUSE THESE POWERMONGERING PERVERTS BEGRUDGE US THE FREEDOM TO GO TO A LIQUOR STORE OR A TOBACCONIST WITHOUT THEIR INTERFERENCE!!!! That "Cash for Clunkers" operation by far offends me more than anything else perpetrated by Barak Hussein Obama. I note now that Orange Mop-top did NOTHING to STOP that vile filth either.

And THAT is why I GRIEVE. Our children, grand and great-grandchildren DESERVE TO KNOW THAT ONCE LIFE ON THIS CONTINENT WAS FREE AND OCCASIONALLY ENJOYABLE and that PEOPLE DON'T NEED ELECTRONIC CHAINS TO LIVE!!!!

Mathilda told Folks this, very eloquently, and the Morris Family got MUCH Love and Admiration for driving that FINE OLD RUNNING ARTIFACT on these impoverished streets. I note now that the evil monster that has so severely damaged Mathilda doesn't come from here. That thing came from western Pennsylvania. Why it chose to infest our barrios I don't know, but fear it is for no good at all.

I will do all I can, with the help of God and Man, to save this car. If any reader of this "eulogy" can help, it will be welcome.

P.S. Here are some more pictures of the damage.

Note the bend in the stub frame, visible in line of the angle steel also bent by impacting the corner of that SUV.
View attachment 485359

Hey there Gerald, sorry to here about the unfortunate circumstances you find yourself in , I just wanted to chime in and say if you need them , I have a hood hood , radiator support and maybe an ok fender that would help put your car back on the road! I’ve not been on this site for a while now, I’m currently away picking up remaining lumber for my shop build! I’m not sure where your located but it would be a great show of cameraderie if we could help each other in these times of vape pipes and cell phone stupidity!

Give Hidden Valley Auto Parts a call. Maricopa, Az. They had a couple 66's in their lot back in 2015. Rust free. All that damage is bolt on parts. It can be fixed.

I'm glad you and your little one are fine. The metal can be fixed or replaced. Will this be your first time dealing with the insurance man? If so, don't let them push you around. It was their client's fault (according to the story above) and it is now their issue.

You really painted a picture for me. :lol: I'm failure with the type as I see them everywhere nowadays. They are part of the reason I don't ride motorcycles right now and very much the reason I avoid driving my old cars into and/or around large cities.

I agree about driving our cars in large cities, or anywhere else for that matter. Way too many people yapping on their phones. I try to limit my driving to the Back to the 50's show in St. Paul or the Mopars in the Park in Stillwater. Still, I always keep an eye on the rear view mirror when stopping. I feel your pain. I spent over 20 years stripping my 66 down to a shell, patching rust holes, sanding, leading, painting and rebuilding with hard to find parts. To have some idiot run into me and destroy all that work would really make me go crazy too.

Gerald, you are a nut case. This is big train wreck.
If your precious car did not have collision coverage and an appraised or stated value the buck stops with you. If you have collision coverage make a claim and the insurance company is going total or repair the car. They will go after the other persons insurance company. If it's a total you can buy it back from them and get it repaired. That's it. Please get some help.
NO. YOU DO NOT BUY BACK WHAT YOU ALREADY OWN.
The insurance covers THE VALUE of the car, not the car itself.
Insurance companies don't want cars. It costs them money to deal with disposing of them. "Buying back" is a scam to reduce their payout and they don't have to mess with the car.
BTDT.

'Hurt in a car' , call William Mattar. You are hurt, maybe not physically but mentally.
Sorry for your loss.

Tell the insurance company you will take a couple hundred less and keep the car. At least you have some money to buy parts. That's what I did when I was broke in college years ago and a dumb girl ran into the back of my 66 Nyer. Found taillights and a trunk lid for dirt cheap. Eventually found a bumper when road tripping to Florida in '87. Sliced a foot off the back of a Newport 4dr I bought for $100. With a lot of welding and leading you can't tell it ever happened.
IMG_0822.JPG

Gerald, you sound like soneone who would fit well where I live! It seems that many Americans view Canadians as rednecks. Many Canadians view Atlantic Canadians as rednecks. Many Atlantic Canadians view New Brunswickers as rednecks. Many New Brunswickers view Albert County folk as rednecks. Here in Albert County, New Brunswick, Canada, we just are happy to live in "God's Country"!!
Don't let them write off that beautiful car! Nothing is "beyond repair" if you have the will to fix it! Mathilda will ride again!!
Lindsay
There are no rednecks in Canada, Northern Ontario....maaaaybe a couple thousand or so!
Redneck is normal!

In MANY insurance settlements, where there is a possibly rebuildable "hurt" vehicle, the option to "You keep the car" usually results in a lesser payout by the company. Which usually is the amount of scrap metal value at the time, by weight. Sometimes, though, you have to ask about that.

In reality, it's to their benefit to let you keep the car and accept a lesser payment amount as a result. Saves them the time and money of "dealing with it" on their end of things. Although many times, they might send the "totalled-out" vehicle to an insurance auction facility to seek to recoup some of their expenses. Just as they would do for a more modern vehicle (especially one with full air bag deployment). IF things go in that direction, many salvage yards can subscribe to receive a certain amount of unsold auction vehicles for parts, too

IF the insured accepts the insurance company's complete, "totalled-out" settlement, then the car becomes THEIRS. Until that might happen, it is still the Insured's vehicle. The "buy back" part of the deal happens after the insured accepts the insurer's "total loss" settlement, or used to. So, less paperwork to just include it in the main settlement and be done with it.

Just some thoughts and observations,
CBODY67

start by editing some details from this thread.

So I'm reading the edited version? lol

Just driving down Monroe St - one of the busiest streets in town - one day in my blue '66 New Yorker, a gal in an F250 slammed on the brakes for no apparent reason, I rearended her so hard my battery shifted to the point that my positive battery cable end sheared off the battery and the car couldn't even start to be moved off the street.

The gal apologized, barely even had a scratch on her bumper, and left.

I got no ticket.

My New Yorker was finished, but I didn't have a scratch, probably wasn't wearing a seatbelt, they weren't law yet, and I never liked them.

Last edited:
So I'm reading the edited version? lol

Just driving down Monroe St - one of the busiest streets in town - on day in my blue '66 New Yorker, a gal in an F250 slammed on the brakes for no apparent reason, I rearended her so hard my battery shifted to the point that my positive battery cable end sheared off the battery and the car couldn't even start to be moved off the street.

The gal apologized, barely even had a scratch on her bumper, and left.

I got no ticket.

My New Yorker was finished, but I didn't have a scratch, probably wasn't wearing a seatbelt, they weren't law yet, and I never liked them.

You have my sympathies. I hate seat belt LAWS more than the actual article. Any time the State pre-supposes to "save me from myself" or perpetrate like horrors on other individuals, I take GREAT umbrage. I'm a charter member of DAMM, (Drunks Against Mad Mothers) though I quit booze pretty well in 2007, along w cocaine, which drove my thirst for ethanol when I couldn't score enough morphine salts for a "Belushi." IF only OPIUM was available, then I never would crave either coca or ethanol, but again, the State stick's its chancrous, pus dripping proboscis into Decent Folk's lives, driving us to use THEIR choice POISON, methadone, which has worse side effects than the stuff God made for our use.

Speaking of the stuff God made, I was stone cold sober in every way possible the day of that wreck and I still feel good about that because had I been high I would have blamed the substances.

Speaking of the stuff God made, I was stone cold sober in every way possible the day of that wreck and I still feel good about that because had I been high I would have blamed the substances.

I'm hip. I've not been intoxicated for over 15 yrs now. Once my nervous system stabilized with the beastly methadone, I ceased craving anything else to go with it. I just can't drive when nodding out, which even methadone does to folks some. But I'm careful, and LEGAL. The Pigs certainly will eat you alive if you're in a wreck and intoxicated in any way, even if the wreck wasn't your fault.

I would mention the word attorney to the other party's insurance agent . They do not like to hear that word at all

Oh I DID. It got the bastard to sweat too, but ultimately, Tam and I decided to just drop the matter and keep what's left of Tilly for parts, many of which already have been given new purpose in Gertrude, her 1968 successor.

This Tragedy occurred 1 year and 2 days ago. We duly observed this unhappy anniversary with a pair of freshly, expertly rebuild Carter BBD carburetors for the very same 383 that moved Mathilda around faithfully for 5.5 years prior to the ugly, fraudulent crash perpetrated by that foul ****. We note she didn't get a cent from either her insurance company or ours either, so there was some Justice, though not enough.

I got those Carters rebuilt by this octogenarian wizard after a nasty little car fire arising from a startup backfire into a heat soaked Stromberg WWC which ignited the boiling gasoline in the bowl, making an ugly little conflagration under my hood at the Circle jerK I stopped at to indulge my spawn on a 104 degree afternoon.

Lesson: HAVE A GOOD, AMERICAN MADE FIRE EXTINGUISHER READILY ACCESSIBLE IN YOUR CAR! I have a cheap, throw away First Alert Tundra "spray can" fire extinguisher behind my seat, which after over 1 minute of struggle with the damned cellophane wrapper DID extinguish the car fire, before it destroyed the ignition coil, distributor, plug wires and engine wiring harness. So the thing barely paid for itself. I still wound up needing to replace the air filter, throttle return spring, carburetor, points, cap, distributor cap and the signal wire to my tach. I was able to idle Gertrude home without the throttle return spring after mending the shorted signal wire, and carefully inspecting the wiring harness to the alt and coil. The 54 yr old black tape wrapper protected it all admirably.

I also invested in a half inch phenolic spacer, which should JUST suffice to thermally isolate the carburetor from a hot intake manifold on a Tucson summer day. My Carb Wizard told me I SHOULD have got a 1 inch one, which I admit the desirability of, but which also proved exceeding difficult to find. I paid more than enough for the half inch spacer as it was. I now possess, in addition to the new spacer, a 3/8" and a pair of 1/4" small 2 barrel carburetor spacers, but I'm not about to try some crap with improvising a vacuum leaky gasket sandwich, which would result in more costly harm than its monetary value to be sure.

Anyway, what finally convinced me to treat Mathilda's mortal remains as a parts car was the condition of the REAR FRAME RAILS, NOT the bent to FUBAR front stub frame or quarter panel.

After removing the gas tank, then the rear springs which I had just installed in the Spring of 2021, I observed the SEVERE CORROSION of the rear frame rails, including the supports for the spring shackles. Knowing NOW WHAT THE REAR OF A SLAB SIDE C BODY IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE, something I admit severe IGNORANCE of in March, 2016 when we bought old Mathilda for a net of $1250, I realized that our Guardian Angels in fact were protecting us all from a tragedy by allowing the front end collision which took Mathilda off the streets before a catastrophic failure occurred.

The Babushka wants another 1965-66 C body to replace Mathilda, as do my daughters and yes, myself also. We want to raise more funds before we venture to do this, and strongly prefer moving out of our Cartel owned and operated trailer park before purchasing that extra C body car. For now, we rejoice in our rag top 68 Newport, which has a VERY STRONG, SOLID body, unlike poor old Indiana-rotten Mathilda. Yet, we have no complaints about that car, given the price we paid for it, versus the 5.5 years of heavy use we got from it, during which time I learned enough about the slab side Mopar C body to be able to maintain and repair one. I thank each and every member of this forum who has helped us with this too, and salute you all.

Last edited:
Back