Mauve 1966 Monaco 500 on My Car Story

SportFury70

Reaction score
I beat you to it this time @67newport. Check it out, imo loaded car with being a big block with A/C, power windows, tilt-a-scope, wicker in the interior, and being the top of the line in the Monaco line! Let me know what you think. I thought it was pretty damn cool.

Link-

I’ve always been curious what Mauve would look on a fuselage. Probably not the best.

Was this color Available on platforms? B bodies?

Was this color Available on platforms? B bodies?

Yes it came on B's. Here is an example of a 66 Charger from Mecum Auctions

sc0512-128755_2.jpg

Always liked this color. One of those colors that has to be on a high line model. As apposed to a stripper sedan with blackwalls.
I’ve seen a few 67 Plymouths and also at least one 66 Barracuda in Mauve.
Dad had a mauve 67 VIP fast top loaner for a week.

That is one beautiful Monaco 500. Not a big mauve fan, but I'd keep this car if I inherited it like the guy in the video. The 1966 Rinshed-Mason Automotive color chart shows the color as mauve iredecent, code 6 available on Polara and Monaco. I am sure they didn't paint very many Monacos that color. I think I remember someone posting a mauve Imperial with a mauve leather interior, a while ago..

that was my 64 imp coupe
its the same mauve but it was called rosewood then.
in 66 they called it lilac when used on chryslers & imps

20190203_123404.jpg

20190203_123552.jpg

Around 1990 or so I saw (and checked out) a '66 Plymouth Satellite Hemi 4 speed car in that color. It was a California car and was for sale at a classic car dealer in Lakewood,NJ. Asking price at the time was $25,000. No way I had that kind of scratch back then but wish I had that car today!

Our neighbor had a gorgeous 67 Charger this color with a black vinyl top & white interior as his company car.

I beat you to it this time @67newport. Check it out, imo loaded car with being a big block with A/C, power windows, tilt-a-scope, wicker in the interior, and being the top of the line in the Monaco line! Let me know what you think. I thought it was pretty damn cool.

Link-

I seen this it was very cool im picking up a 66 loaded also

Back