Legendary Member
Reaction score
Wow! Lot T86

1965 Imperial Crown Convertible

Sold $20,000

1965 Imperial Crown Convertible | T86 | Kissimmee 2021 | Mecum Auctions

0-1609944969097@2x.jpg

Last edited:
Somebody really wanted it as nothing special was written up about it and the listing didn't have the greatest pictures.

01-14-21.IMP.SOLD.jpg

Somebody really wanted it as nothing special was written up about it and the listing didn't have the greatest pictures.

View attachment 430834

Buyer could have been there to look at it in person.

The listing just lets you know it will be there, more investigation needed. New tires are Just about the easiest thing to do on an old car.

I do think this year the offered Mopars are not very rare or spectacular compared to the past years

Carsten

The economy is in the shitter, unemployment is sky high, Mecum prices are insane again. I don't get it. :realcrazy:

Those blazers with the full removable tops are very hot to the Chevy boys. And it must have an LS.

Plenty of rich people with disposable income

I'm bummed. I thought I was going to be able to view the auction with Roku. NOT, Gotta have cable or satellite to subscribe.
There's a 61 Fury convertible coming up on Saturday. It has been sold at Mecum auctions several times in the past few years..... Passed around to different collections.

Those blazers with the full removable tops are very hot to the Chevy boys. And it must have an LS.

Plenty of rich people with disposable income

$120k......thats a spanking brand new SRT Super Stock or almost a Drag Pack car!

dg020-165clvbd9cautcph0ndplqpurf31pcr-1593643243.jpg

mp021-007dga0noqln6iu170q73v57bmd9dap-1599072783.jpg

Bob I wouldn't want a chevy for 120k $
But I wouldn't want any modern Challenger either.

I would rather try buy some old Mopar iron for that money

Carsten

I've had the Redeye and the Scat Pack for about a year now and I'm glad I pulled the trigger on both of them.

I still have the Ram and two 1978 Chrysler's. I rarely drive the Ny'er and haven't driven the Newport in years.

I've had the Redeye and the Scat Pack for about a year now and I'm glad I pulled the trigger on both of them.

I still have the Ram and two 1978 Chrysler's. I rarely drive the Ny'er and haven't driven the Newport in years.

the only thing what should be important for you: you are happy.

It is all good we have different tastes

Carsten

1972 K5 Blazer

Nothing special that I can see....

LS3.....big deal....

Lot T152.1

$120,000 and it didn't hit the reserve!

1972 Chevrolet K5 Blazer Resto Mod | T152.1 | Kissimmee 2021 | Mecum Auctions

I wouldn't give $120k for 10 of them. Lol

View attachment 430864

There was a black pretty plain jane looking 1966 Chevy Nova that had some 'L79 code' what'eva that means that was just before the Imperial that hit 60k and wasn't even close to the reserve from the sound of the auctioneer.

There was a black pretty plain jane looking 1966 Chevy Nova that had some 'L79 code' what'eva that means that was just before the Imperial that hit 60k and wasn't even close to the reserve from the sound of the auctioneer.

Yep, I saw that car too.

The Pro-Tour cars or whatever they are calling these cars these days with the modern drivetrain transplanted are going for big money.

the only thing what should be important for you: you are happy.

It is all good we have different tastes

Carsten

I enjoy driving all of them. Actually, I drive the Ram 3-4 times more than I drive the other cars.

If the Hellcat crate motor was available when I built my NY'er I'm 99% sure I would of put one in my Ny'er.

There is no shortage of money. Stock market is at all time highs and plenty of people have moved to cash during the election. For sure some have been hurt bad, but plenty are at all time highs.

Back