Mexican RC has now been in three nations...

Carmine

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
...at least. They did have them in South America as well.

Anyways, I needed some Canadian scenery.

IMG_20180316_163358.jpg

Here is a view of the border, GM HQ being the glass Pringles can.

What do you think of our infrastructure, lol? Luckily the bridge itself still looks good.

IMG_20180316_154904.jpg

This was in the parking lot at the Canadian Tire. It was in good, clean shape, as are most things in Windsor.

IMG_20180316_163508.jpg

The British influence? I like old signs.

I think if I were going to live in Canada, it would have to be out west, or Windsor. Or wherever Ellen, Rosie and other Hollyweird hasn't gone... not that they follow through anyway. And why always Canada? Why not Mexico? But I digress...

For an "industrial" city, Windsor is very clean. The build quality of the average home is better than much of the Detroit area (just about everything is full-brick, even the new stuff). There are also more Ford/GM/Chrysler on the street than likely any place outside of Detroit.

Overall, you get the same impression the people are hard-working and smart. They spend their money on their homes and take care of their own. It also must be nice to be free of pro-sports. In some respects it's very time-warpish. It's a lot like going back to the Detroit suburbs in the 80s.

IMG_20180316_162049.jpg

The British influence? I like old signs.

I think if I were going to live in Canada, it would have to be out west, or Windsor. Or wherever Ellen, Rosie and other Hollyweird hasn't gone... not that they follow through anyway. And why always Canada? Why not Mexico? But I digress...

For an "industrial" city, Windsor is very clean. The build quality of the average home is better than much of the Detroit area (just about everything is full-brick, even the new stuff). There are also more Ford/GM/Chrysler on the street than likely any place outside of Detroit.

Overall, you get the same impression the people are hard-working and smart. They spend their money on their homes and take care of their own. It also must be nice to be free of pro-sports. In some respects it's very time-warpish. It's a lot like going back to the Detroit suburbs in the 80s.

View attachment 174333
Or even before the '80s Carmine. The Mayoril influinces on Detroit after Jerry Cavinaugh up until the current one has been frightening. Good pic from or near the Manny M. Bridge is a good one. How is the Gordy Howe bridge coming along, Jer

Back