Mike66Chryslers pics from Carlisle 2022

I couldn't agree more.

But at $39,500 I feel the car is in danger of being transformed into a V8 car. Especially if it's as nice underneath as it is on top
I'm sure some Richard Rawlings type guy with deep pockets would love a cherry, Plane jane E body like this to Resto mod so he can sell it for a high number at some auction and for the car to spend the rest of it's life in and out of huge private collections like it's some sort of Micheal Jordon Rookie card. It would suck being it has been perserved for so long but what can we do it about besides groan? Life goes on.

I agree that the /6 Challenger is neat. Especially since it looks good with the Magnum 500 wheels and such, which I highly suspect were on a VERY few such cars, back then. Looks like it ought'a been a V-8, which is neat. A 4-speed would have been even neater, with the floorshift and all.

Thanks for posting the pictures!
CBODY67

Thanks, I wanted to see that '66 Monaco, just teaser pics in the other threads. Does anyone know if it was it a Canadian car?

Thanks, I wanted to see that '66 Monaco, just teaser pics in the other threads. Does anyone know if it was it a Canadian car?
I think it is - a 318 Poly was only available in the Canadian issue of the 1966 Monaco (equivalent to the USA 500), and I also see the hint of a rear Sport Fury seat cover.

FWIW, there were two brothers that purchased identical turquoise 66 Monacos in eastern Ontario back in the day. One was put away only brought out when the other was worn out, and had less than 10,000 miles on it when @cbarge and I saw it with the late Bill Mounteer at a cruise night east Toronto. I would lay money that the one in the pictures that Mike just took was that car.

I think it is - a 318 Poly was only available in the Canadian issue of the 1966 Monaco (equivalent to the USA 500), and I also see the hint of a rear Sport Fury seat cover.

FWIW, there were two brothers that purchased identical turquoise 66 Monacos in eastern Ontario back in the day. One was put away only brought out when the other was worn out, and had less than 10,000 miles on it when @cbarge and I saw it with the late Bill Mounteer at a cruise night east Toronto. I would lay money that the one in the pictures that Mike just took was that car.
Not the same car. The car we saw had a black interior, and stock engine bay. It did have Cragar SS wheel though.

The badging on the fender and no 500 emblem led me to believe it was. I see they painted the fender/door inserts in the sport fury color scheme.

Dare I say it, that /6 challenger is cooler then most of the clones, tributes, or High performance models you typically see. How many came that way from the factory then factor In how many got that Slanty pulled within the first 10 years of the cars life. Love odd ball cars.
I had one, my second car. Wish I had it back!

It is my belief that within 20 years a /6 E Body will be the rarest car on the planet!!

That yellow 66 300 belongs to Doug "Fireball" Miller from Williamsburg Ont. First in class.

The 62 Dodge wagon is an Ottawa area car also.

Kevin

@twostick
This car? I'm really digging these wheels and wondering how they were done. I suspect the 65-67 spinner is simply screwed onto the wheel that's been drilled/tapped. But is it a 15" Mopar wheel or ??? It doesn't look to have any hubcap nubs on it, so if it's a 15" it must be a Magnum GT wheel? The trimrings suggest it's some aftermarket non-chromed smoothie or something? And the tires look somewhat lower-profile, but they are whitewalls. I'm hoping this something I could assemble for my car, and not some $2500 collection of specialty tires/wheels.

Anyone know about this wheel or this car? (I googled the owner's name but only got some drag-racing award news.)

1659726573297.png

@twostick
This car? I'm really digging these wheels and wondering how they were done. I suspect the 65-67 spinner is simply screwed onto the wheel that's been drilled/tapped. But is it a 15" Mopar wheel or ??? It doesn't look to have any hubcap nubs on it, so if it's a 15" it must be a Magnum GT wheel? The trimrings suggest it's some aftermarket non-chromed smoothie or something? And the tires look somewhat lower-profile, but they are whitewalls. I'm hoping this something I could assemble for my car, and not some $2500 collection of specialty tires/wheels.

Anyone know about this wheel or this car? (I googled the owner's name but only got some drag-racing award news.)

View attachment 549011

That's the guy. Canadian Drag Racing Hall of Fame member.

IIRC those are 16" Wheel Vintiques with beaded stainless trim rings. I'm not sure which series. They look like 12s.

I think he fabbed a ring with spring clips that bolts to that 300 center cap.

I'll try to get in touch with him for more accurate details.

Kevin.
20180616_203456.jpg

I hate these discusison hijacks but sometimes its unavoidable.
Definitely let him know his work was much admired, not by a credit-card swiper but a poor-boy who knows how hard it is to find/select the right parts to make such custom creations.
See if he'll share how he mounted the 300 centers - a photo would be great!

I found these in 17" but they have hubcap nibs, and the 300 center I checked seems too small in dia vs the 10" ID they spec for hubcaps.
I have a set of decent 17" takeoff tires that I'm jonesing to use, they have enough life left for the little driving I do with that car. (but might drive it more if it had cool wheels!)
The WW sure does look good, but last I saw 16" was the largest production-type tire with WW (for 2000s Lincoln Town Car and some Cadillacs).

Classic Car Smoothie Style 2-Piece Steel Wheels |
1659755553588.png

Looked at the Wheel Vintiques 12 Series. Ironically the 16x8 is $151 vs $314 for 17". So I could buy a set of 16" wheels and NEW tires for less than just these 17" wheels. This is why it pays to consider all the options. But that then steers me to buy a new set of 15" tires, and save the $604 on 16" wheels by using some 15" wheels I already have. These types of considerations is why I cannot select what wheels to put on my car. They say it's only money, but I must watch where I spend it so I can spread it around.
1659756098314.png

That yellow 66 300 belongs to Doug "Fireball" Miller from Williamsburg Ont. First in class.
@Ripinator and I had a nice lomg chat with him under Rip’s tent. He shared some cool stories, friendly chap.

I wonder if people in 2070 will be saying how much cooler cars were in 2020?

Thanks for sharing Mike, afraid to show my car now, no where near as nice as all the cars you took pics of.
Glad your car got picked.

PT

Have a nice day!

Back