Mini strater question

peterlucas

Reaction score
Putting in my mini starter tonight , do you have to reuse the standard lil thin steel gasket plate thing? And i must say what a stupid place to put the terminals they are hard up against the block and nearly impossible to get to, last one.. the standard wiring is buggered, corroded and brittle so i am going to replace it , is there a special wire i have to use, a certain gauge? or so you normal power cable of a simular gauge

Putting in my mini starter tonight , do you have to reuse the standard lil thin steel gasket plate thing? And i must say what a stupid place to put the terminals they are hard up against the block and nearly impossible to get to, last one.. the standard wiring is buggered, corroded and brittle so i am going to replace it , is there a special wire i have to use, a certain gauge? or so you normal power cable of a simular gauge

First..if you have a camera post a photo of the starter, some of them have a plastic isolator that can be removed so your terminals are a little farther from the block. If you are replacing the wiring you have to stay with the same gauge wire or you could burn it up and any splices have to be solid. As far as the spacer/dust shield..if you have it use it.

yeah i took off the little extension on the wire posts as it wouldnt even fit with it on, the service manual says it is 6 gauge which looks about right, can i just use normal 6 gauge power cable?

Back