Miss big girl "IGGY" has landed: (a 4dr '73 Imperial LeBaron).

View attachment 304854

Well, she made it safely from Canada. Thank you again @mopar E . She's a little dirty from the trip. First half was open trailer by shipper mistake. Otherwise, pretty seamless. Things happen. Not huge deal. There was ten pages of paperwork for official border crossing. Enclosed trailer from Michigan terminal to Minnesota. More pics to come. She's a beauty.

View attachment 304441 View attachment 304442 View attachment 304443 View attachment 304444 View attachment 304445
It’s hard to see Imperials in black. Really beautiful. I can’t wait to see pictures when she is clean. Congratulations!

Imperial hood from passenger side 20190606_102405.jpg

ordered up another part for Iggy to get her idling right. Hilltop Parts in Missouri. Have the switch now need the assembly.
choke   ***.jpg

after a little digging got this part coming from Missouri: Hiltop auto parts. Owner John says he has a lot of Mopar parts.

3751484.jpg

Which car donated the bumper bolts?
Winter?, didn't you folks just come out of a long cold winter period?

Which car donated the bumper bolts?
Winter?, didn't you folks just come out of a long cold winter period?
I got the stainless steel carriage bolts and nuts at the hardware store today... 3/8th inch size...auto store didn't have squat...bunch of brass and plastic plugs.
As far as winter, I try to keep one different Imperial at home over long winter each year...one at my mother-in-law's garage a couple blocks away...and the rest at the storage prison. That third stall is a little short so the bumperettes have to go on all '73's to get to fit. The mechanic had to use a 5 foot pipe and wrench with her on the hoist to free up the rear set bumperettes. No way I could budge her at home.

Doc, your cars are popping up on my instagram feed now ! You are a lucky guy having all those beauties !

:D

Back