Miss Hurst--Lady of the Century!

Trace 300 Hurst

Professional Tinkerer
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Racing Marketing Maven Linda Vaughn is West Coast Stock Car Hall of Fame's Lady of the Century

Linda 1.jpg

My gal!
IMG_4481.JPG

Taste is an interesting thing. I wonder if she wasn't so well-endowed, would anyone have cared? She wasn't that attractive, in my opinion.

Taste is an interesting thing. I wonder if she wasn't so well-endowed, would anyone have cared? She wasn't that attractive, in my opinion.

That's a good and valid point, but methinks it wasn't just looks or lungs. I sorta knew her in the 80's, and she was simply "out there" with personality, love of car people, great media for her sponsors/customers, huge self-confidence....and this was started in the 60s when "proper women" stayed home and kept their breasts covered. Meaning....men loved her, car men even more.

To me, she's kinda the Dolly Parton of the car world. Bigger than life.

I saw her at Carlisle and thought "It's time to put that all away now"

I agree John. I did not "see" her in Carlisle but I saw pictures of her from Carlisle a couple years ago and thought she doesn't look as good now. Here is a picture from online, not taken by me.
46302581034_37da2deb88.jpg

I much prefer her on the back of Trev's 300 convertible back in the day.
one-kind-ebay-find-1970-chrysler-300-hurst-convertible12.jpg

Appreciate her class and ambassador work for the sport of drag racing, but never was in awe with her looks.....

38F90202-8018-40CF-9C2F-A54D6101D2F1.jpeg
EDEA4234-B605-4901-99DB-F30760B226FC.jpeg
488F6C9E-182D-4AA9-AABE-DE95FEA8006D.jpeg
Linda Vaughn has done more to promote all forms of motor sports in a positive way than anyone on this message board has or ever will.

She earned it.

I have much respect for her.

I think she is the epitome of a sex kitten for that era. The media would have a field day with a woman like that today. What a young man's dreams were and should still be filled with. I saw Linda at the Hurst display at the 2019 Carlisle Chrysler Nationals. For a senior citizen in her mid seventies, I thought she looked great for her age and the line was around the inside of the building to see her. There were some older guys with wheelchairs and walkers, and she was gracious to each one of them, didn't rush them away. You could tell by the smiles that she evoked memories of times gone by too quickly, which I believe our C-bodies do by owning and driving them.

Linda looks good for her age... No doubt about it.

My comment is more about her (when I saw her) showing a little more skin than she needed to.

Appreciate her class and ambassador work for the sport of drag racing, but never was in awe with her looks.....
I agree... sometimes she looked hot sometimes not....
I was never a big fan of the giant hair thing, giant boobs... well that's another story. For example, I'd rather give the girl on the left another look over the other two...
edea4234-b605-4901-99db-f30760b226fc-jpeg.jpg

I think she's HOT!

Back