Mission Accomplished!!!!

The Goose

Reaction score
Much like the president’s proclamation onboard that aircraft carrier I still have a little ways to go yet...

A3ECDEB0-19E9-4428-9D21-3AB3DCE50CA8.jpeg

As long as we we’re trapped here all weekend by the fires I decided to clean out the garage. I had a few good distractions...

BEA5FCF9-36C0-4977-80F8-FEE4AA3C24FD.jpeg

Like color changing my new/old seats from black to blue.

F301F144-5B4E-42FE-8457-EFA0DC8E49E9.jpeg

My main problem is I can’t open the doors while it’s parked. A lot of this junk needed to go.

AE426232-49CD-4FCA-A6EC-4085B1E8E71F.jpeg

Then I found pics from 1987. That’s a hemicuda convertible at a show in fountain hills Az. That’s the show where bob Blake poured a gallon jug of armorall on his smokin hot engine because it wasn’t restored. Boy that stuff stinks when its sizzling !!!

5AADE574-A6A3-4D2A-9DB4-D603F868D95D.jpeg

Then I had to dig out a carb I’m giving away to one of the guys here so he can get it back in service. Great to get this stuff out to somebody who can use it !!!

B0C2FDB9-6807-4D0E-A390-87427F653EC5.jpeg

Packed in there like a sardine. How’d it get so bad ???

467E16E2-C565-44EC-961E-18AF3E6BD1F6.jpeg

Then my mom called to see if we were still alive. She also sent me a pic of her mom and my uncle joe & uncle billy. They both served but joe (in uniform) did not make it back from the war. My Uncle Billy was a kids dream Uncle. He had a house on the lake in Connecticut. They had horses, a boat and a pet raccoon. Not just any old raccoon but one that drank beer (Uncle Billy worked at a brewery) and liked to arm wrestle. He got drunk & angry when he lost.

837B3072-D897-4279-8520-F5933D6E74CE.jpeg

598F4F31-FD9C-4F0C-82EF-E725F625E717.jpeg

Success!!! That’s as wide open as they can go. She fits pretty good considering there’s a full size washer & dryer in front of the car.

A3D034A8-0576-481F-81DA-8F6710206217.jpeg

Tons more room now I gotta sort out and put away all my tools so I can install those seats next weekend - rain or shine they’re going in!!!

Last edited:
Great story and pics of your progress!

My grandmother's brother was my favorite "uncle". Everybody called him "Uncle", so I did too. He knew about things mechanical and also about CARS. He had some neat car stories, although he drove Oldsmobiles and then Buicks later on. One story was that he had a '55 Olds and had saved some money by putting Port-a-walls on it rather by buying the more expensive normal white-wall tires. He worked the night shift as a maintenance man at a chemical plant east of Houston. He like to drive fast, too, which is another reason I liked him. One morning, when he got up, his wife (whom we called "Aunt"), asked why there were only three whitewalls on the car? Grogilly, he recalled that he saw something fly past the window on the way home, but couldn't tell what it was. Upon further inspection, one of the Port-a-walls had come apart and "left". Suspicion was that vehicle speed had something to do with it. When he told that story, we all grinned and laughed. Of course, he had to get another Port-a-wall for the tire. After that, it was full white-wall tires. An interesting guy with two beautiful daughters.

CBODY67

Great story and pics of your progress!

My grandmother's brother was my favorite "uncle". Everybody called him "Uncle", so I did too. He knew about things mechanical and also about CARS. He had some neat car stories, although he drove Oldsmobiles and then Buicks later on. One story was that he had a '55 Olds and had saved some money by putting Port-a-walls on it rather by buying the more expensive normal white-wall tires. He worked the night shift as a maintenance man at a chemical plant east of Houston. He like to drive fast, too, which is another reason I liked him. One morning, when he got up, his wife (whom we called "Aunt"), asked why there were only three whitewalls on the car? Grogilly, he recalled that he saw something fly past the window on the way home, but couldn't tell what it was. Upon further inspection, one of the Port-a-walls had come apart and "left". Suspicion was that vehicle speed had something to do with it. When he told that story, we all grinned and laughed. Of course, he had to get another Port-a-wall for the tire. After that, it was full white-wall tires. An interesting guy with two beautiful daughters.

CBODY67
Everyone, well the lucky “everyones” all have that ONE uncle !!! Great story.

View attachment 323004
Great pic! WWII? Where was Uncle Joe KIA?
Yes WW2, but that I don’t know. They didn’t serve in the same theater. I know his wife, my aunt never remarried and I think she’s 99 this year. I was little and nobody ever really talked about the war. Remember Vietnam was raging at the time so it seems now like it was just a subject they all avoided. Later on I never thought to ask. Then he was gone... His nephew my uncle joe never talked about being in Vietnam. I remember my best friend Jackie disappeared for a while. When she came back, (we were in first grade), I asked her what happened & she said her brother died in the war. I remember asking what war ? And she said I’m not sure they won’t tell me. It’s crazy to think how much they shielded us from back then. Hard to do that today w modern mass media & cell phones.

Blue seats in a red car………………..:eek:
I know I know Lol !!! Just wait n see, the blue & white door panels help a lot. If it was 100% blue - dash wheel seats panels etc etc it might’ve been too much. I’ll throw up (pun intended) the final pics this weekend. I’m keeping my fingers crossed...

It’s crazy to think how much they shielded us from back then.
IMHO shielding did more harm than good. It might account for many kids today being ignorant of history. Some take their freedom for granted and are oblivious to the sacrifices of that generation.

Love the plate! and I very much appreciate you donating the carb to my cause. The photos you posted up are fabulous.

Back