Monaco 500 upholestry

Vertigo

Reaction score
Are there any companies doing seat upholstery for a 68 Monaco?
If not where can I buy the material so I can get my local Upholsterer to do them for me?

I checked with Legendary and they don't do anything for Monaco.

I would look at the seats style and pattern on your car and compare to the 1968 Dodge Charger or Satellite/Roadrunner. If you have similar then check with supplier of seat covers to get rear seat dimensions. See how close it is to yours. Then talk to a good upholstery shop. Get their opinion and a estimate. Compare the two estimates and see what is affordable.

Unless it is something outrageous a GOOD local shop can stitch you anything you want. It may be a bit pricey but it will be worth it.

I took my brown 71 with black bench interior to that "GOOD" local stitcher and told him I want it to look exactly like it was when it left the factory. He did both front and rear seat for $1,300.00. That was ten years ago.

118263 2003 front seat.JPGDSCF0230.jpg

118263 2003 front seat.JPG

DSCF0230.jpg

Everyone that laid eyes on it believed it to be original seats. THATS the guy you want to find, and the material was off the shelf.

I have a 71 Polara Brougham with those same exact seats in it, and I must say there is no way to tell that yours are not original. I have never seen a "local stitcher" do such an exact reproduction. Congratulations!

Unless it is something outrageous a GOOD local shop can stitch you anything you want. It may be a bit pricey but it will be worth it.

I took my brown 71 with black bench interior to that "GOOD" local stitcher and told him I want it to look exactly like it was when it left the factory. He did both front and rear seat for $1,300.00. That was ten years ago.

View attachment 21263View attachment 21264

Dave, what happened to that car? You have the vert, the blue one and white one....all 1970???

The B7 car is a 71. .. The brown car is in PA .... the current owner is a inactive member here

That was money very well spent Dave, that interior looks perfect.

That upholstery is beautiful definitely money well spent. My guy has been doing a great job when he works on it. The rear bench in mine is perfectly smooth around the speaker. it drives me nuts when I see puckers around that speaker.

Back