Monaco wagon build sheet search...

MonacoBlue

Reaction score
In search of Build Sheet...starting here....

FOTE0.jpg

Time to flip the seat.... Indiana Jones moment...

FOT5F5C.JPG

Unknown to me, meaning of this tag. Presumably, 'seat option code tag', to prevent installation of white vinyl in back seat of car with green or black vinyl or fabric.

WP_20170402_009.jpg

But...Swagger!

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Looks like for a 73(?) car
Built for sale in the US
Y26-dealer rent a car OR
Y28 - Public Relations
Y85- New Car Service no gas
Y97 - 3 gallons of gas

On the tag:

Top line is the assembly code part number
Line two: Vendor code number and assembly date 1433 143rd day of 1973. May 23rd. Which would go well with a May 31st Scheduled Production Date.
Bottom line. Unknown to me.

Last edited:
Kind of cool: Public Relations. Wonder what that meant. If they would take it out for promotional events or something. Neato. Thanks again.

It was built for a special purpose. What that purpose was we don't know. It could have been loaned to press writers for a review. It could have been built as a raffle giveaway car. It could have been built for a Chrysler display at a golf or tennis event they sponsored. It could have been built for the 1974 season of The Brady Bunch. Who knows.....

Does the Vehicle Order Number read 531 R then numbers?

Also...Fwiw. This shows that the scheduled production date is not necessarily the date the car was built. The SPD shows May 31. The door stickers at that time had to show the actual construction month. So the car was scheduled for May but built in June.

FullSizeRender.jpg
Yes it does. I'll attach a close up. Looks like 70213. "2" is hard to read.

Would it be possible to ID the dealership it was sold from? Then a person might be able to go to local newspaper - archives at a library, look for ads or news stories, to see if it was a raffle car, like you suggest may have happened. Also wonder if scheduled Build vs. actual may have had any impact - could it have actually been built in May and used for 'something' - executive vacation car in last week of May, for example- then returned to Belvidere plant and sold out the door 'as normal' (demo?) to dealer? I recall Chrysler had a practice of doing break in tests then rolling back odometers to 0, then selling 'as new'...

I don't think that is the broadcast sheet from your wagon...the link you provided with the door sticker has a different VIN?

Dave​

Last edited:
FullSizeRender.jpg
Not sure I understand. It is the broadcast sheet from my wagon. I just pulled it out of the car myself yesterday. What doesn't match?

Wait! You are right! The Build Sheet doesn't match the car VIN. I wonder how that happened. Cushion replaced with a junkyard replacement at some point?

I just took these pics off the car, VIN stuff. They all correspond. I guess it's hard to say where the cushion got swapped out. My guess is it was at the factory or dealer since the Build dates between the two vehicles is so close.

Maybe if it was a rental there was a swap out at some point? Who knows. Disappointed yet fascinated.

IMG_1906.JPG

IMG_1908.JPG

IMG_1907.JPG

Would it be possible to ID the dealership it was sold from? - could it have actually been built in May and used for 'something' - executive vacation car in last week of May, for example- then returned to Belvidere plant and sold out the door 'as normal' (demo?) to dealer?'...

The answer to the questions is no.

Wait! You are right! The Build Sheet doesn't match the car VIN. I wonder how that happened. Cushion replaced with a junkyard replacement at some point?

No, it's common for the wrong BS to wind up in a different car.

Mix up at the factory. Grab whatever is on the rack, and stick it in the car, regardless of what was supposed to be proper sequence. Understand.

Back