https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/dodge/monaco/2044596.html
Stock #: 103344
VIN #: DP45M3D103344
Transmission: Auto
Condition: Excellent
Exterior: Green
Interior: Green vinyl

Seller’s Description:
The Monaco represented Dodge's full-size luxury vehicle offering of the time and as a station wagon this particular Monaco really stands out. Presented in green on green and with the wood grain decals still intact! The 1973 model year carried over the fuselage body from 1972, but added redesigned taillamps and a new rear bumper. Under the hood there is the correct V8 sending power through an automatic gearbox. Inside you'll find the original interior to be in excellent condition, free of any rips, tears or stains. The Monaco station wagon came from the factory with a rear tailgate that could alternatively lift or swing open, hidden headlights, and front disc brakes.

***Call us today at 630-443-4582 for more information! We Buy, Sell, and Consign All types of vintage cars! We also finance at competitive rates! Come Visit us at Baltria Vintage Auto Gallery 4200 E. Main Street, Saint Charles Illinois 60174***

***Baltria Vintage Auto Gallery also handles Shipping, Service, Detail, Body/Paint, Pre and Post Sale Inspections, and Much More!***

***Contact us at Phone: (630) 443-4582, Email: [Email Dealer], or Website: www.Baltria.com***

Price: $16,900
61390411-770-0@2X.jpg
61390415-770-0@2X.jpg
61390426-770-0@2X.jpg
61390447-770-0@2X.jpg
61390488-770-0@2X.jpg
61390514-770-0@2X.jpg

To sell a car at its maximum value I would expect it to have A/C, but at the very least the motor to be better detailed.

To sell a car at its maximum value I would expect it to have A/C, but at the very least the motor to be better detailed.

Typical classic car dealer. Just wish we knew how they find all these gems. I guess they have cash available when they find them.

I must say I love this particular color green on the exterior, however not the inside green !!!! I think a saddle color interior would be kick *** or even black.

Only a 400 engine, no air as mentioned above and the wrong center caps (they are the motor wheel version of the Chrysler correct one), no miles indicated although likely few. Too bad such a nice car doesn't have at least a 440 and a lot of options. Beautiful appearance though. Price seems more reasonable than I would have expected from a car dealer.

I actually think the engine bay looks honest an perfect just the way it is.

Not bad.....need an eyeball on it to verify the rust free.

I actually think the engine bay looks honest an perfect just the way it is.

Agree with that. Very honest looking engine compartment. Of course has the typical dealer view of asking condition one price since that is what their mind sees.

I must say I love this particular color green on the exterior, however not the inside green !!!! I think a saddle color interior would be kick *** or even black.

Something like this interior shade would make it pop
125104_Interior_Web.jpg

If it is a consignment then it is what it is . The price may be negotiable but at the owners expense, not the consignment shop. They certainly wouldnt clean anything up .

Wow what an oddly optioned wagon. Tilt wheel (pretty rare in Monaco) but no air, cruise control, or deluxe light package. I still love it though.

Wow what an oddly optioned wagon. Tilt wheel (pretty rare in Monaco) but no air, cruise control, or deluxe light package. I still love it though.

I have to agree, and it has the AM/FM multiplex stereo radio, but the lack of power windows in a wagon is unforgiveable (unless you are the one who always has to fix them) although at least the rear window has to be power.

Condition wise I don't see how you could expect to find one nicer than that in 2018.
I wish my Monaco was in that shape.
It would be nice to hear the history of that car and why it was soo well taken care of.

Dave

If I could choose I would like to have a 440.
But I would be more than happy without AC and power windows.

Everything which is not electrical can't brake.
I like to crank windows honestly

Only a 400 engine, no air as mentioned above and the wrong center caps (they are the motor wheel version of the Chrysler correct one), no miles indicated although likely few. Too bad such a nice car doesn't have at least a 440 and a lot of options. Beautiful appearance though. Price seems more reasonable than I would have expected from a car dealer.
Actually, those appear to be AMC "volcano caps" to me...regardless, not the factory ones as you said.
I think it's stunning. Good thing I'm broke! LOL!

Actually, those appear to be AMC "volcano caps" to me...regardless, not the factory ones as you said.
I think it's stunning. Good thing I'm broke! LOL!

Motor Wheel made the road wheel center caps for our Mopars and they also made their own very similar aftermarket version with a red metal band around the serrated cap that said "Motor Wheel Multi-Style". The identical aftermarket Motor Wheel cap was also used by AMC with a similar red metal band around the serrated cap that said "American Motors". Sometimes, folks take out the red metal band entirely and hope to pass that cap as a Mopar cap, as in the case of this wagon. Road wheels were not options on wagons since they were not quite wide enough for that application, which is known for its tail wag as it is due to the weight in the back and the relatively short wheel base for such a long vehicle. That dual function tail gate wasn't light and adding dual a/c didn't help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back