Mooneyes Xmas Party at Irwindale Raceway

The Goose

Reaction score
Here’s a few pics from the big show. Lots to see and some good 8th mile action.

F704F463-427C-4A2A-98C9-56C1B86DE428.jpeg

Is this the same show as the old Rat Fink Christmas show that Big Daddy put on before he died? It always seemed like a cool show.

Is this the same show as the old Rat Fink Christmas show that Big Daddy put on before he died? It always seemed like a cool show.
That’s a loaded question. After Big passed on in 2000 the reunion show kind of became the Mooneyes Xmas Party. It was at some hell hole by my brothers house in Whittier I think. Too small. Then they moved to a city yard. Too small. Then they moved to irwindale in ‘07 or so and they got no help from the cops as the poorly ran lines to get in overflowed onto the 605. I think that’s the year the cops or FD shut it down. Same thing still happens from time to time at Pomona swap meet. The FD will roll out and close the parking lots until some people leave. Total and complete dumbf&@%ery. Too many cars parked in a huge parkinglot??? go pick on a mall you morons - sorry, anyways the answer is yes and no. The other RF shows are still held in Manti Utar (I think) and in Palmdale’s little suburb/neighbor of Acton at a KOA. Moldy Marvin runs one not sure who sanctions the other. The big wheel artists aren’t so much involved anymore. Gene Winfield is usually there but the only striper not stripper LOL !!! there nowadays is moon’s own wildman. I guess any show you’re willing to take an average of an hour for the privilege to pay for parking is probably worth it. At least it has been so far...

There is a summertime mooneyes show held at their speed shop in Whittier but I’d skip it. No place to park and too crowded. It was huge until some DS ran over a little kid doing a burnout. The cops cracked down on it pretty hard after that. If you’re ever are in LA and want to visit their shop. Just drop in, it’s usually empty and you’ll probably have the run of the place. It’s way better than on a show day.

Thanks for the pics! I feel a little bit warmer just looking at them.:thumbsup:

That’s a loaded question. After Big passed on in 2000 the reunion show kind of became the Mooneyes Xmas Party. It was at some hell hole by my brothers house in Whittier I think. Too small. Then they moved to a city yard. Too small. Then they moved to irwindale in ‘07 or so and they got no help from the cops as the poorly ran lines to get in overflowed onto the 605. I think that’s the year the cops or FD shut it down. Same thing still happens from time to time at Pomona swap meet. The FD will roll out and close the parking lots until some people leave. Total and complete dumbf&@%ery. Too many cars parked in a huge parkinglot??? go pick on a mall you morons - sorry, anyways the answer is yes and no. The other RF shows are still held in Manti Utar (I think) and in Palmdale’s little suburb/neighbor of Acton at a KOA. Moldy Marvin runs one not sure who sanctions the other. The big wheel artists aren’t so much involved anymore. Gene Winfield is usually there but the only striper not stripper LOL !!! there nowadays is moon’s own wildman. I guess any show you’re willing to take an average of an hour for the privilege to pay for parking is probably worth it. At least it has been so far...

Boy, I didn't realize it turned into a parking fuster cluck. I gotta admit, as much as I hate CA. they do have a tit's car culture! I always wanted to hit Pomona, Spring/Fall fling. But only really hit the Sac Mopar show, Sac Swap Meet, Goodguys in Pleasenton, and that was about it.

Boy, I didn't realize it turned into a parking fuster cluck. I gotta admit, as much as I hate CA. they do have a tit's car culture! I always wanted to hit Pomona, Spring/Fall fling. But only really hit the Sac Mopar show, Sac Swap Meet, Goodguys in Pleasenton, and that was about it.
Pomona is a hollow shell of its former self. Don’t get me wrong if you’re into dolls painted rocks or dark tinted headlights then you’ll love it. My days of buying a swap space so we could get in early are over. Too much non car related stuff. If you want a vintage awesome Pomona swap meet experience then hit the Fathers Day show and swap at Pomona. It’s probably the best one day swap meet in SoCal. The quality of stuff is pretty unbelievable.

Fall Fling is smaller than spring but that’s kind of what makes it fun. The Spring Fling is pretty crazy. Definitely worth a trip out to see it. Make sure and grab a rental challenger if you fly in and take it on the free Mopar Malibu Cruise. It’s a blast and they do a track day at willow springs at the spring fling weekend too. I usually have to swing by and check on the track’s tractors on that Thursday. Hey work can be tough some times !!!

I don't have any plans to go back there anytime soon. Way to many bad memories for me.

I don't have any plans to go back there anytime soon. Way to many bad memories for me.
I get it. I lived in San Jose in the 60’s & 70’s it is not the same up there for me either. It was great place to visit but I couldn’t live up near silicorn valley & SF sucks now. That place from my childhood IS gone.

Back