Moore's

Gavin Jeffrey

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Anyone had dealings with Moore's Auto Salvage in Rapid city.
I organised and paid for some interior trim parts on 19th Feb and was promised the items would be shipped within a couple of days, well heard nothing, i have tried calling, does not answer his phone, sent 2 emails, no response.
looks like once he has your money he takes it and runs.
This order has cost me over $500 AUS dollars which i am stressed about.
Any feedback would be great, anyone living close buy might go and see him about this for me?
Thanks
Gavin

Hi guys,
I organised and paid for some interior trim parts on 19th Feb and was promised the items would be shipped within a couple of days, well heard nothing, i have tried calling, does not answer his phone, sent 2 emails, no response.
Any feedback would be great, anyone living close buy might go and see him about this for me?
Thanks
Gavin

They have their head up their butts big time. I had the same problem and they did not bother to return my calls after the second time I called them. Turned them in to Hemming's customer complaint desk and finally had the bank claw back the money. Hemmings did get their attention, as they called back several times after that. I gave them the benefit of the doubt but after stupid excuses that the crew was sick, bad weather etc, I had enough. There were other complaints that this company strung customers along until it was no longer possible to get the bank to do anything, most banks consider the transaction closed after either 90 or 180 days, so do not wait too long.

Dave

Its been discussed here before about them.
I think the consensus is stay away from dealing with those guys. I've read the same thing on FaceBook. I stopped the 3 years ago to look for some parts and got the run around. Everything I wanted was "sold" or waiting to hear from a prospective buyer, and I was standing there with cash and my mouth wide open because they wouldn't sell me any parts. I also called them last year when I was getting rather desperate looking for a few 300 parts. No answer, no call back.
I wish you the best of luck and hope you get your situation resolved.

Well that really sucks!

Hi guys,
Thanks
Gavin

What parts did you need? We have some interior items for '67-'68 Chryslers. Obviously I hope you can work things out with Moore's, but if it does not work out or you just get a refund, at least you would potentially know where to get parts from.

I bought my replacement tailgate from them .they sent me pics I ok'd the sale paid them they arranged the shipping had it in about 2 weeks time from initial phone call till I received it. all turned out well for me.

Another dodgy parts supplier, I had a bad experience with a 'reputable' Imperial wrecker a few years ago.
PayPal is perhaps the safest method of payment, it offers a claims service for undelivered or inferior quality goods, but there is a time limit to do so. If whoever you're dealing with doesn't accept this form of payment, walk away.
Most folks on here recommend Murray Park, he has a large inventory of parts.

What parts did you need? We have some interior items for '67-'68 Chryslers. Obviously I hope you can work things out with Moore's, but if it does not work out or you just get a refund, at least you would potentially know where to get parts from.
Hi,
I am looking for a set of interior roof chrome moldings from a 67 Chrysler, my 68 has the painted ones as in 67 they were chrome.
I need all pieces for front and rear screen, and along the roof above the door glass.
All interior pieces only see pic as sample
Also I need a right side rear screen outer stainless molding (vertical one) and also a right front door sill trim (scuff plate) see pic
These items I would think are the same for all 65 to 68 4 door hardtop Chrysler cars.
Let me know what you might be able to help me with,
Thanks
Gavin.

Chrysler.jpg

006.jpeg

I remember trying to get a piece of stainless garnish for my 64 Valiant 2 door, nightmare to get this stuff here in UK as well. I ended up getting one from a yard in Canada....the wrong 'kin side when it got here LOL

Back