SOLD Mopar Electronic Vacuum Advance Unit 1970-1 383 440 Cubic Inch HP Engines

Status
Not open for further replies.

halifaxhops

Retired USAF MSGT (SW) yes navy also.
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Mopar Vacuum Advance Unit 1970-1 383 440 Cubic Inch HP Engines PN 3438262, possibly NOS does not look like it was ever mounted. Asking $100 and the ride also open to offers.

DSC01494.JPG
DSC01495.JPG

I'm curious to know what this vacuum advance unit does over the standard one? How does it work?

I think it delays vacuum or makes it drop off quicker to prevent pinging/detonation to prevent superheating the exhaust and therefore reducing NOX gasses.

This is the vacuum canister I removed from my old dizzy to replace the defective one on my new Cardone rebuilt one. The electrical connection was never and still isn't hooked up. It seems to work fine. No number was stamped on the new one but I am looking for a standard type like this that is not electronic for my 71 440.
I wouldn't mind a Mopar distributor cap and rotor too.

It actually will put a bit of retarded vacuum into the dist when it is full advanced, What is the 71 a at/mt? Prob have one, cap and rotor I have some really good used ones also, a few different styles of the,.

This is the vacuum canister I removed from my old dizzy to replace the defective one on my new Cardone rebuilt one. The electrical connection was never and still isn't hooked up. It seems to work fine. No number was stamped on the new one but I am looking for a standard type like this that is not electronic for my 71 440.
I wouldn't mind a Mopar distributor cap and rotor too.
I found a used one marked 9.5L, I have plenty of good used caps and rotors.

Yes please. I will PM you tonight. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back