Mopar Fest in Ontario

Big_John

Illegitimi non carborundum
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Mrs. Big John and I were just kicking around the idea of going to Mopar Fest in Ontario. I've never been there, but I've heard it's a pretty good show.

It's about 250 miles for me and at least a couple nights in a hotel.

Any regular attendees? Comments? Advice?

Moparfest - Canada's Largest All Mopar Car Show

Been there twice and loved it! No stupid judging and they let friends/ clubs park together. No parking categories (68-70 B body etc.) either. If find it makes it more fun as you walk among the cars.

Mrs. Big John and I were just kicking around the idea of going to Mopar Fest in Ontario. I've never been there, but I've heard it's a pretty good show.

It's 40 minutes down the highway from me - I go every year. Fantastic Mopar event with just about every Chrysler product imaginable. The vendor section wrapping around the north and east sides of the display field feature used parts for all makes and years as well as rare parts and new offerings. If you go book accommodations well ahead. I recommend you make a mini vacation of it and stay in Stratford (beautiful little heritage city) just 15 minutes down the highway from the show. You won't be disappointed.

I’ve been wanting to go for years now, last year was a family wedding in the opposite direction.

Check with your DMV John. You're in an adjoining state so you should be able to get an "ENHANCED" drivers license and it will make your border crossing much smoother. The only change to your license is the word enhanced printed across your picture and it should be all you need, ie: No Passport Required. Just take a copy of your Birth Certificate with you when you go to your DMV to make that change. I had one when we lived in Michigan and crossed the ambassador and Blue Water bridges more times then I can remember after 9/11, easy-peasy. Jer

Check with your DMV John. You're in an adjoining state so you should be able to get an "ENHANCED" drivers license and it will make your border crossing much smoother. The only change to your license is the word enhanced printed across your picture and it should be all you need, ie: No Passport Required. Just take a copy of your Birth Certificate with you when you go to your DMV to make that change. I had one when we lived in Michigan and crossed the ambassador and Blue Water bridges more times then I can remember after 9/11, easy-peasy. Jer
Been to Canada a bunch of times. I know the drill... LOL.

I have the passport and the easy to carry passport card.

Wife and I got Passports in '87 so we could spend our 25th Visiting Australia, which we did and thoroughly enjoyed it for almost a month. After 10 yearz you can't even use that Passport for ID. And the USPS wants you to jump thru' all the hoopz again 'cuz they think you might have forged to old one,?????. WTF?

Wow I am surprised you have never been.

Some random thoughts, if you are bringing a car to show I would pre-register as it gets you into the draws on both Saturday and Sunday. They do the draws after 4pm both days and you have to be there to win. For that reason most people and more importantly the show field stays full both days until at least 4pm. I would also plan on getting there early as it really fills up quickly. The last couple of years they have had only one way to get in and out so its pretty neat to set up a chair and watch all the cars drive in and or drive out at the end of the day(s).

No guns in Canada and on the showfield no open carry for alcohol....they have designated tents set up where they sell beer and you have to drink it there. So if you bring your own plan being discreet and drinking out of a cup. If you don't bring a car I always have a cooler and some cold drinks that I leave at the back bumper of my car for friends.

If you do bring a car and you get there early enough park up by the river. There are some trees up there that afford you some natural shade. It seems like a pretty big group of C-body owners like to park together up there. Just don't park beside the row of port-a-potties. Speaking of which they are usually pretty clean but by the grandstand and in the hockey rink (where the display cars are) they have regular washrooms.

All the people at the show are volunteers and don't really do this for a living, so its usually kids getting their volunteer hours in as the monies raised go to a charity or club members themselves who are quite older.

They have a couple of food tents set up with pizza, BBQ burgers, hot dogs fries and sausages.

New Hamburg itself isn't that big, the downtown is older and on Friday Night they have a cruise night...it is pretty cool.

If you want to blend in it never hurts to throw in a couple of eh's
Nice day eh?
Can't believe summer is almost over eh?
How about them Blue Jays eh?
That is a beautiful car eh?

Everything is a statement but if you throw in an eh it becomes not non confrontational lol

Dave

I find it hard to not start throwing in ehs when I'm around Canucks......... never offended anyone yet, or at least not enough they've felt it necessary to comment.

Moparfest.jpg
Moparfest 2.jpg

The black arrow is the way they have been way the show cars have been driven in.
The red area is my suggested place to park
The purple area is the swap meet
The brown area is the car corral
The green area is the grandstand, behind that not in the picture is the hockey rink and the inside display area and the better washrooms
The orange dot is where they make fresh ice cream!

IMG_20170819_122633.jpg

IMG_20170819_122640.jpg

IMG_20170819_122646.jpg

The areas in red on this map are the places to eat and serve beer. Again just out of view where the arrow is pointing is the Legion, it is just outside the gate so you need to get you hand stamped but they serve breakfast there Saturday and Sunday morning.

Dave
Moparfest 3.jpg

I generally go every other year for the day
Fred and I tried to park together last year but got separated at the entrance

Get up here John!!
Part of the 2018 BoaB World Tour,I am doing the Great Canadian Debut of the BoaB!!
Driving up on the Friday,and will get in early Saturday AM to set up my shade tent and hoping to join the C body regulars by the river.
We will be doing both days and I got a cheap hotel on Woodstock.
In the past,I camped at the Nith River campgrounds--very cheap and 10 minutes away from the show. A lot of Mopars camp there and the evenings are great talking to other Mopar people over a beer and campfire.
"The Campground with the Big Pool"
It takes 4.5 hours for me to get to the show there from my home.
Your 2.5 hours is a piece of cake!!
BoaB november 2017 004.JPG

moparfest 2013 055.JPG

Looks like you have already go all the details above. There is a small group of us that meet at the Tim Hortons just outside the venue right after 8:00 a.m. Saturday to grab a coffee then cruise in together. Of course you are welcome to join us. Still deciding which car to take this year. I would plan on being inside before 9:00 a.m. or they may park you on the ball diamond.

I would plan on being inside before 9:00 a.m. or they may park you on the ball diamond.
Or if you're REALLY late you could get a spot like this (yellow circle).

Moparfest3_me.jpg

That's my Newport and my brother's convertible. Every car which drove by kicked up dust onto the side of our cars.

BTW, I enter a car in Moparfest every year. This will be my 19th year, and I'm hoping to have the restoration of my '66 Windsor done in time to show it.

Last edited:
Back