Mopar number 2275437 containing powdered lead for wiper cam

HWYCRZR

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rebuilding my wiper system. Manual says to lubricate cam and spring with Mopar 2275437 or equivalent lubricant containing powdered lead?????
I have used powdered graphite, but haven’t heard of powdered lead. Can I use powdered graphite? Does it gum up when wet? Pics of the original powdered lead on the cam.

800B74AA-914F-4F1A-8F40-8607B2DB6723.jpeg

I've run across that Mopar lube somewhere along the line and it's just a grease with lead powder in it. I doubt if anything is made like that anymore, but a good grease with moly should do just as well.

The powder you see on your parts.... I don't that's lead powder. I think that's the metal that's been ground off the parts from wear.

The wear was my initial thought, but when I saw lead powder, I thought maybe it was something like powered graphite as it had that feel.

I like the powered lead because it has a nice, sweet taste. Practically candy.

Ok. Thanks all for the advice......I think. I used Lubriplate NO. 630-AA Grease. Had to make some felt washers for the connector link as they had long since disappeared. I wish I could have taken the swivels apart and re-greased but looke like I would do more damage taking them apart.
Before and After
77FFDC61-FBD9-4A01-A397-2D8EDF833BFC.jpeg
image.jpg

Back