mopar salvage yard data base

Wonderwagon

Reaction score
In any of the forums is there a mopar salvage yard list. Last summer while looking for rockers for my 69 I found one in Georgia that I cannot relocate using Google. There are a couple lists out there, but have DVAP, Moore, Stephens performance, the popular ones, any thoughts?

If one were put together I would hope only members could view it. It's tough enough now

There used to be a Mopar salvage yard database , many, many years ago. It was listed on the top 100 Mopar sites.... So much web stuff has come and gone over the last 20 years

If one were put together I would hope only members could view it. It's tough enough now

I agree... the parts flipper part of this tends to go for the easy score and destroy what's in the way... talked to one years ago, he would look for original headlights... when he found one he just broke the bucket free... throw away item for the purchaser. some 4.6 fords have a timing chain tensioner issue... parts flippers broke the cover off of every one they could find to sell to fools on EB/CL... new chain kit was only $100, but idiots would buy a guaranteed to fail used part.

There are currently three on one of the Imperial forums, all parties and a "vintage parts source(on mobile device exact name escapes me)" anyway they all have the big three. We'll as a I go through the Google search and talk with the folks I'll compile and post if wanted. I need to possibly find a complete rear end for the 69 and a front stub frame.

There are currently three on one of the Imperial forums, all parties and a "vintage parts source(on mobile device exact name escapes me)" anyway they all have the big three. We'll as a I go through the Google search and talk with the folks I'll compile and post if wanted. I need to possibly find a complete rear end for the 69 and a front stub frame.

They are likely the well known ones... I walked the DVAP 50's yard a few years ago... the counter guy was wonderful and a Mopar lover. He let me take pictures, but strict orders not to remove my own parts. I have heard others say they had trouble with the guys at the 60s up yard and lots of junkyards wont let you walk through. The real gems are forgotten or unadvertised yards that allow you to pull your own stuff... they barely still exist. Most of the main stream yards crushed too much when scrap was high a couple years or so back... and if the public pulls their own, the cars usually don't last well. If the part is labor intensive, they either want paid for the time or wont bother.

Sad to say that I am reluctant to reveal sources, now.
I want to help like the many that helped me early on, but the remaining stuff has to go to good homes now.
You finally find one of the last pr. of shackles. Should they go to a guy who never finishes the project and moves on to a Chevy? These shackles are now lost forever to the guy doing a CHiP resto down to the last detail.
Disturbs me when a guy with one post gets immediately told by a dz. guys, Try Murray Park.
Who IS this newbie? Find out what he's doing first.
STFU.

Last edited:
Sad to say that I am reluctant to reveal sources, now.
I want to help like the many that helped me early on, but the remaining stuff has to go to good homes now.
You finally find one of the last pr. of shackles. Should they go to a guy who never finishes the project and moves on to a Chevy? These shackles are now lost forever to the guy doing a CHiP resto down to the last detail.
Disturbs me when a guy with one post gets immediately told by a dz. guys, Try Murray Park.
Who IS this newbie? Find out what he's doing first.
STFU.

I do agree. I want to help anyone here who is active and working on their cars, I don't want to play judge. If I find a source, it will play out privately. I might have one, but I am waiting to find out how it goes once I have a personal shopping experience first. Then I might just middle man any requests to save him the hassle, wouldn't want to burn the guy out on BS calls. Whatever you think, Murray Park hasn't been kept a secret very well... Google will find him if you page in far enough. But to send every one and done request that way probably ups the number of "tire kickers" that waste his time... I hate to waste anyone's time, and don't want mine to be wasted either.

And who determines the deserving few?? How many are discouraged and give up because they can't find the parts? How many C's are lost due to the owner starting something and can't finish for parts, so the car is scrapped as no one will buy one disassembled?

Good questions but much of the thrill is in the parts hunt. Google is usually all you need to find what you need., and some time

Google will find him if you page in far enough.
Waaaay too many guys just look in the Summit catalog, and after that stand there and cry like a little girl waitng for people to immediately come to them.
Put some goddam effort into it, *****. The world doesn't end at Autozone and Jegs.

Murray advertises in MCG, or used to. Along with others, much of the parts are there for the picking

And who determines the deserving few?? How many are discouraged and give up because they can't find the parts? How many C's are lost due to the owner starting something and can't finish for parts, so the car is scrapped as no one will buy one disassembled?
The individual. No set rules.
No two instances alike.
Go by gut feeling. I let my conscience be my guide. I want to help. I really do!

So far I have bought very little from any yards. I have been very fortunate in buying from individuals. I have also collected anought extra that when I don't come down to breakfast my family will have to sort through a couple pretty good truck loads. I have two prices for about everything surplus. The unknown customer and the guy I know is fixing up his dream and can't buy all the NOS up

Most people here would be glad to assist a local member to find a yard. That's why it would be good if everyone so inclined would put up their town/city location.

So far I have bought very little from any yards. I have been very fortunate in buying from individuals. I have also collected anought extra that when I don't come down to breakfast my family will have to sort through a couple pretty good truck loads. I have two prices for about everything surplus. The unknown customer and the guy I know is fixing up his dream and can't buy all the NOS up

To be honest the "classics yards" aren't always such a bargain... its just about being able to find the darn thing.

Back