Mopar Spring Fling

Quality Restorations did the wheel for my CHP car, it looks like they do glitter wheels.
http://qualityrestorations.com/QUOTE]

Quality does nice work, but are a little pricy. D&D in North Carolina did my 61 Aero wheel for $400.00 less than Quality wanted. It's nicer then it ever was new, and with modern materials it should be good to go from now on.

Pictures after and before.

aero wheel 2.JPG

aero wheel 3.JPG

61 aero wheel front.JPG

Okay, that's just beautiful. Was it done by D&D or by Quality?? If by D&D, how about some contact info?

A gremlin?! What was that doing there!
The answer is two-fold. First, the "Flings" in Van Nuys are for all Mopar and Mopar-related cars. Since Mopar purchased AMC in '87, all AMC products, including Gremlins, are now a part of the "Stable." You will see a handful of AMCs at these shows. A number of people from AMC sites attend.

Which brings me to #2: That's my Son and his car form 2010, the first weekend the car was on the road. The following Spring Fling, Jay Leno popped his head into my Son's car while he was running the motor with the header caps off. The guy next to my son was a little pissed as Leno fully ignored his modified '70 Challenger with "Faker" hood to look in and at the Gremlin. It was totally cool!

There have been other AMC cars there too:
IMG_0791.JPG
This Pacer, with a highly modified Jeep 4.0 motor, had just appeared in Mopar Performance Magazine "Young Guns" section the previous month. It was built by a 19 year old Woman and her Dad. Sweet ride!
IMG_0800.JPG

You don't see many Gremlins around anymore,that's for sure. I remember all the jokes about it being introduced on April fools day and that is was supposedly designed on an air sickness bag. Lol.

I'm not an AMC guy,but they are unique and do draw attention.

You don't see many Gremlins around anymore,that's for sure. I remember all the jokes about it being introduced on April fools day and that is was supposedly designed on an air sickness bag. Lol.

I'm not an AMC guy,but they are unique and do draw attention.
They were introduced on April 1, 1970, and yes, many people thought it was some kind of an AMC prank.

Interesting, nobody ever jokes about the Barracuda being introduced on April 1st (1964)

Alan
That's because it was not a weird looking car. Today, people should point out that date because it means the Barracuda beat the Mustang to the sales floor, and not the other way around as so many try to say.

Back