Mopar unveils a Retro 1968 Charger w/1000 HP at SEMA

They are calling it the Super Charger Concept Car.

The video looks like it was was from last years SEMA show......

They are calling it the Super Charger Concept Car.

The video looks like it was was from last years SEMA show......

That is correct. SEMA 2019 will be November 5-8 this year. The Super Charger was unveiled at SEMA 2018. Pretty neat, high-horse machine. Wonder what they’ll unleash this year.

Videos: Mopar Unveils Hellephant-Equipped "Super Charger" '68 Dodge Charger Concept - Mopar Connection Magazine | A comprehensive daily resource for Mopar enthusiast news, features and the latest Mopar tech

I guess it's nice to see the kids at Chrysler are still making wads of money on their Grandfathers ideas.

Last edited:
That is correct. SEMA 2019 will be November 5-8 this year. The Super Charger was unveiled at SEMA 2018. Pretty neat, high-horse machine. Wonder what they’ll unleash this year.

Videos: Mopar Unveils Hellephant-Equipped "Super Charger" '68 Dodge Charger Concept - Mopar Connection Magazine | A comprehensive daily resource for Mopar enthusiast news, features and the latest Mopar tech

In the video he says "I think they'd approve of what we've done". I don't, they took a clean classic design and cluttered it up. The extraneous rear spoiler is :realcrazy: as is the hidden / exposed headlights :BangHead:. I'm surprised they didn't convert it to a 4 door sedan...:mob:

In the video he says "I think they'd approve of what we've done". I don't, they took a clean classic design and cluttered it up. The extraneous rear spoiler is :realcrazy: as is the hidden / exposed headlights :BangHead:. I'm surprised they didn't convert it to a 4 door sedan...:mob:
You forgot about the fender flares...

I'm okay with the front end and hood treatment but to me the fender flares just look totally out of place on that body. The rear spoiler is meh. I don't mind it but wonder why they did the split thing instead of making it even all the way across.

You forgot about the fender flares...

I took care of that with the cluttered comment. The hood scoop didn't bother me, with the exception of losing the TS indicators.

Almost forgot, "GET OFF MY LAWN" as I shake my cane...:rofl:

Robert

SEMA is on my bucket list. Might be able to swing it this year depending on health.

I'm okay with the front end and hood treatment but to me the fender flares just look totally out of place on that body. The rear spoiler is meh. I don't mind it but wonder why they did the split thing instead of making it even all the way across.

It seems that is the Mopar engineer go to move to get the big tires on all Mopar's these days. I have to use some "strategery" efforts to get a tire wider than 275 on my Scat Pack without the tires rubbing on something.

For a moment there I thought Dodge was bringing out a new Charger based on the '68 :rolleyes:

Back