Moparfest 2020 Cancelled

'69FuryIIIConvertible

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
There will be no Moparfest for the first time since 1979......

2020 has been cancelled.

I saw a post on Facebook and confirmed by calling Michelle.

No Moparfest this year...

The virus has officially pissed me off......

Nick

Screenshot_20200413_160734_com.facebook.katana.jpg

A little premature if you ask me.

All they had to do was figure out how much time they need to pull off the show and calculate back to figure out the latest date the restrictions could be lifted and still do it.

At this point I would cancel pre registration so I wouldn't have to deal with refunds but I wouldn't do a hard cancel. That show is August 21. If the restrictions were lifted in time for Carlisle, there's no reason they couldn't at least have a Moparfest Lite, a 2 day Mopar cruise in at the very least.

Kevin

I see they've already have posted the next show date for 2021.
Having never been to this show, it looks like it's the one to go to if you're north of the border. That's too bad they cancelled it.

Unfortunately the organisers are being realistic. IHMO we'll be lucky if some restrictions are lifted by the fall never mind allowing mass gatherings.

This is literally the only event for which I've taken any vacation time in advance this year. :(

What happens next year when another "pandemic" shows up because Chinese ate rats instead of bats. And the year after that when they eat snakes or something else. We can’t destroy the world economy over and over. At some point it's time to "live and let die."

What happens next year when another "pandemic" shows up because Chinese ate rats instead of bats. And the year after that when they eat snakes or something else. We can’t destroy the world economy over and over. At some point it's time to "live and let die."
There are actually lots of different strains of coronavirus, but most of them don't mutate in a way that they're able to infect human cells because our DNA is too foreign to them versus the animals they usually infect. This one just happened to mutate in a compatible way AND the animal wasn't slaughtered/prepared in a sanitary way so someone caught it. It's a pretty unlikely event, so doubtful to happen again with a totally different strain in any of our lifetimes.

Additionally, medical researchers are probably going to develop new methods to quickly create new vaccines and antiviral medication as a result of this. This research will probably be transferable to other viral infections. People everywhere are also going to be hyper-aware of sanitary precautions to reduce the risk of germs after this ordeal too. Hopefully a lot of companies will finally realize that many of their employees can telecommute as well, reducing traffic gridlock, pollution and real estate prices, as well as the reducing spread of germs in the workplace.

A little premature if you ask me.That show is August 21.

I agree Kevin, it is super early to cancel the show and I do not at all think they should of done it so soon. I think the virus will definitely be over by then, but I would say they cancelled it so early because of obligations with so many sponsors. That is exactly what happen to a show my car club was supposed to have Carlisle weekend in July, they cancelled it already because of the obligations with the sponsors. :(. Look on the "bright side" so to say though, If anything not going this year will make you more excited to go next year

I agree Kevin, it is super early to cancel the show and I do not at all think they should of done it so soon. I think the virus will definitely be over by then, but I would say they cancelled it so early because of obligations with so many sponsors. That is exactly what happen to a show my car club was supposed to have Carlisle weekend in July, they cancelled it already because of the obligations with the sponsors. :(. Look on the "bright side" so to say though, If anything not going this year will make you more excited to go next year

I'm sure that is a factor but it's no less of a factor for Carlisle Productions and it's still a go, police state notwithstanding... I'm sure they have got a go/no go line in the sand figured out too.

Kevin

Back