Mopars at big daddys

I just learned that the Mopar show at Don Garlits place has changed dates AND location for 2017.

Home - Florida Mopar Association

I'm not sure I'll be able to make the change, What do you guys who attend think about it.....?
While I am a little change resistant... none of this would make it any harder for me... and they have trailer space now (maybe a plus for you). I can say the event in all my year of attending(singular) would really not be the same without you folks there.

I just learned that the Mopar show at Don Garlits place has changed dates AND location for 2017.

Home - Florida Mopar Association

I'm not sure I'll be able to make the change, What do you guys who attend think about it.....?

Wil: Looks like the farm they used for parking, etc. has been sold and is no longer available, so the producers had to move the show. I'm OK with this, since Big Daddy is gonna come along too.

Why would you not be able to "make the change?"

Wil: Looks like the farm they used for parking, etc. has been sold and is no longer available, so the producers had to move the show. I'm OK with this, since Big Daddy is gonna come along too.

Why would you not be able to "make the change?"

We already have plans to be in our "winter" site at Gulf Shores that weekend. RV sites are $50.00 a night at the new show grounds. I refuse to pay that much. I'll have to give it some thought. It's a ways off yet.

We already have plans to be in our "winter" site at Gulf Shores that weekend. RV sites are $50.00 a night at the new show grounds. I refuse to pay that much. I'll have to give it some thought. It's a ways off yet.

Oh. Since yer retired and have nothing to do, I didn't think you could possibly have a schediuling conflict. . . :poke:

Think you could secure a camper site at the old location?

We can make the new schedule, thanks for the heads up.
Hope you can make it Will. I'd love to see your trailer.

For the price,the Walmart parking lot in Ocala is great to camp at.
We camped there in February.
They have night time security, the camp store has almost anything you would want.
Except wheel bearings.
You can't get wheel bearings for a repoed camper trailer in the middle of the night.

How does that compare to Carlisle?

How does that compare to Carlisle?

Are you referring to the RV site cost Dave....?
A 10 X 20 vendor space at Carlisle is $90.00 for the entire event, (My spaces in row P, against the fence, are actually 10 X 30), and includes full event passes for two. I have three spaces together.
We arrive on Wednesday and depart on Monday, so we get 5-6 days on site. No hookups though, I use a generator and water is available but needs to be transported. I do have a 25 gal fresh water tank in Connie.

[QUOTE="65Fury440,
For the price,the Walmart parking lot in Ocala is great to camp at.QUOTE]

Good thought. We have a friend who lives on the N side of Ocola and lets us park Connie at his place. No cost there either.

Oh. Since yer retired and have nothing to do, I didn't think you could possibly have a schediuling conflict. . . :poke:

You think being retired is easy Rip......? I worked less when I had a job. There are so many options available now that I'm constantly running into conflict. It's tough not having a schedule. :mad: :poke:

You think being retired is easy Rip......? I worked less when I had a job. There are so many options available now that I'm constantly running into conflict. It's tough not having a schedule. :mad: :poke:

Thats why I keep working. . . "Sorry Honey. I can't do that now. I gotta go to work."

Yes Will that's where I was going. I think Carlisle is still a good deal and you get the best show

Will My Friend. I refer to that retirement problem az being like ah ONE EYED Chicken with the eye in the middle of hiz forehead and ah Pecker on each side of hiz head tryin' to pick up corn. He'z so dam busy tryin' to pick up corn he don't know which way to point hiz pecker

Back