Mopars at the Battleship

d803015aa4dedc2a3e95dc9c10955af7

That pic is so perfect it looks enhanced but I know it isn't. It's real and it's fantastic!:thumbsup:

Love the picture of both the car and the ship. Would love to drive the amphibious vehicle in the background on the highway going to work:D

That would be a great location, having been there well over 15 years ago. I can see from the shot above they have added some outside attractions.

That would be a great location, having been there well over 15 years ago. I can see from the shot above they have added some outside attractions.

Besides the USS Alabama battleship
There is a huge military vehicle collection, a large aircraft collection, including a B52, and a WWII submarine you can tour through. Something for the entire family.
Plus it's located on beautiful Mobile Bay ....... History galore.

mopars at the battleship (Large).JPG

Besides the USS Alabama battleship
There is a huge military vehicle collection, a large aircraft collection, including a B52, and a WWII submarine you can tour through. Something for the entire family.
Plus it's located on beautiful Mobile Bay ....... History galore.

View attachment 119895
Cool! All I remember there being when we were there - 2002 - was Alabama, the sub (couldn't go on board for it had been damaged by a recent hurricane), and a nice indoor display dedicated to the Tuskegee Airmen. There was a red-tailed P-51 there. I made a comment about how close we should be to Tuskegee, but the Docent said there was nothing at that sight. I find that a shame.

Even so, would like to go back there again.

We leave in the morning for the Battleship show. Be back home Sunday evening. Jazabelles looking good and running great and I'm looking forward to the ride.
Pictures and a report to follow.

Mopars at the Battleship turned out great. The ride down was great, Jazabelle didn't disappoint. Saturday morning was overcast but dry, and very windy. We parked with the Big Easy Mopar gang who spent the morning cooking a huge pot of jambalya as well as red beans and rice to be enjoyed by everyone while it lasts, followed up by bread pudding.
The wind blew off the Bay all day but the sun did come out and it was a glorious day.
Approx 190 vehicles registered.
Some pictures.......

DSC03753.JPG
DSC03754.JPG
DSC03755.JPG
DSC03756.JPG
DSC03757.JPG
DSC03758.JPG
DSC03759.JPG
DSC03760.JPG
DSC03761.JPG
DSC03762.JPG

Looks like a great time. Glad to hear Jazabelle got some love and didn't disappoint. Thanks for sharing.

Back