Mopars at the battleship

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
The weekend of the Mopars at the battleship show in Mobile Allabama. This is the pre show event held on Friday, (apr 23rd). The Big Easy Mopar Association cooked, on site, (as usual), a meal of Pastalaya, boiled shrimp, corn & potatoes, Gumbo, red beans and rice, bread pudding, and king cake all served on deck of the USS Alabama battleship to 125 folks.
It was a cloudy but pleasant day.
Today is show day but heavy winds and rain.... I stayed home.

Some pictures from Friday.

DSC00069.JPG

DSC00070.JPG

DSC00071.JPG

DSC00074.JPG

DSC00075.JPG

DSC00076.JPG

Love those Battleships....ie, 3 classes: BB-55 - BB-64! North Carolina class (2 ships), South Dakota Class (4 ships), Iowa class (4 ships), Montana class (4 ships planned never built). A little WWII Battleship nostalgia!

Not judging believe me just observing the complete lack of masks, even the food servers.

Not judging believe me just observing the complete lack of masks, even the food servers.
And thankful it went that way... masks were not mandated many places I was in once I left Orange County. I'm not much of a fan, but kept my neck gaiter on in case I wound up near folk who cared.

Will spent Friday cooking, I spent it climbing through the boats... damn submarine had doors that got at least an inch shorter every time you went through them and after a couple hours of holding onto handrails climbing through the Alabama, I washed my hands several times before returning to the car folks.

The show day was wet and the field was dominated by metrics, but I still gave it a couple hours before meeting Will for breakfast and heading home.

Oh when you say your not judging. One thing is a guaranteed you are judging. Which is ok you are allowed to have a point of view. You also are free to express that opinion. Things always work best when differing views are expressed and considered.

Much worse, I'm surprised and disappointed with you. Horrible analogy.
Definitely not on the same scale but some of the same passion was shown both for and against them when enforcement of their use was fresh.

Back