Mopars at the Valley (Pictures)

Reaction score
The Mopars at the valley turned out to be a very nice day for mid October in upstate New York. There were 156 cars in the show field and about another 200 more racing. Temperatures were the mid to upper 60's all day with beautiful fall foliage surrounding the area. The show field was a nice assortment of old and new with something for everyone. There were 6 "C" bodies cars registered and another 2-3 more between the parking lot and race pits. There was a 2000 Mexican Import Ramcharger and also an Australian Valiant. There also seemed to be more 62 Plymouths and Dodges than I have seen together in a while. The swap meet had about a dozen vendors. The super car showdown cars were there there with many running very impressive low 11 second runs on bias-ply tires all day. Times for the other race cars ranged from stock 17 second cars, to alcohol dragsters running in the 8's. There was also 2 front engine dragsters running. There was a number of new Demons and hellcats with the demons running on the mid to low 10 second range. The only "C body racing was a 69 fury that was running mid 14's but looked to be having traction issues some of the day. Over all a nice show. I talked to someone from Mopar Action magazine who said they had petitioned the track to move the event a week earlier this year, and is hoping to try to get it one more week earlier for next years event. The car show wrapped up trophy presentation about 3:30 and the racing finished about 4.

1964_300.jpg

1966 Nerwport.jpg

1968 Fury.jpg

1969 Fury.jpg

2000 Ramcharger.jpg

Aussie Valiant.jpg

1956 Fury.jpg

Showfileld.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics. Hopefully next year I can make it. I saw that RamCharger/Durango lookin suv once at a show in Enfield. By the way that 69 Sport Fury convertible is @roadcuda's car.

Back