MOPARS IN MOTION Cruise Night & Car Show 5/19 & 5/20 @ Papa's Dodge New Britain, CT

FURYGT

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
If you have never been to Papa's Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep Ram dealership in New Britain, CT it is a must see place with an old school diner style restaurant area and a small museum with everything from a Superbird to an actual race car from the IROC series.

For more info visit MOPARS IN MOTION on Facebook or visit; www.moparinmotion.com

Let me know if you have any questions or need any information.

Bill

05192018_Cruise_Flyer.jpg

I wonder who owns that yellow '68 Sport Fury pictured above.....

2018_Expo_Flyer.jpg

Hmm that’s 2 1/2 hours for me, I just may be there.. thx for sharing..

Might not be that far depending on exactly where you are. It would be less than 1.5 hours from the show location to Yorktown Heights, NY or about 1.5 hours to White Plains, NY.

Might not be that far depending on exactly where you are. It would be less than 1.5 hours from the show location to Yorktown Heights, NY or about 1.5 hours to White Plains, NY.
Thx. Even better. I’m in Yonkers. So I think I’ll swing by.. thx for posting

I had hoped to have my 68 Fury ready to go, but I just finished painting the bay tonight. I still need to finish the steering box and final assembly of the motor before it goes back in. Plus the master cylinder, brake lines and a number of other items. Hopefully no major issues will come up and I will have it ready for Carlisle. If the weather holds, I will probably bring my ever dependable 66 Belvedere.

Tim Costello, one of the photographers for MOPAR Collector's Guide (and Hemming's) will be at this show looking for cars to feature.

It's a go but I would not make the trip unless you are in state as the forecast calls for rain coming back in late morning or some time in the afternoon. If it rains or the turnout is poor, the show will likely be rescheduled.

:thankyou: i had considered coming up . If we hadn't had all this rain I may just have. I have not had a car on the road yet this year. The weather has been brutal. If it wasn' t raining it has been cloudy and cold.

I am in the same boat. Since my garage is in my backyard and I have drive over grass to get out I am not sure that I will even be able to get a car out for the show tomorrow.

I will check the weather again in the morning. It is about an hour and a half ride for me normally.
Might just bring my Ram and come as a spectator.

:thankyou: i had considered coming up . If we hadn't had all this rain I may just have. I have not had a car on the road yet this year. The weather has been brutal. If it wasn' t raining it has been cloudy and cold.
My car loves cloudy and cold, runs like a champion.

The show is on and the forecast looks okay but there is a chance of a showers coming in for a while.

There was a little rain very early in the morning but then it became hot and humid. Some clouds rolled in during the afternoon but the wind just pushed them by.

Around 100 cars came, a bit light for this show but given that it rained early in the morning that kept some people from farther away from coming.

Mopar Collector's Guide Photographer Tim Costello was very busy. He did 6 photo shoots during the show and one after. He also took a ton of photos of some original and reprinted Chrysler photos of C Body's in the full-size mock up stage and of some re-prints of Chrysler C Body press release photos and some other neat stuff that I collected over the years.

We had some special Olympics participants pick their favorite 10 cars in addition to the participant vote for all of the classes.

View the 400+ photos on Facebook at:

Mopars in Motion

Last edited:
There sure was a lot of metric Mopars represented, something I've noticed when out east. Nice to see the sun come out later.

Sad I missed it. Looks like another year I won't be getting my *** in gear for the shows. .. Oh well, got my folding chairs, a few beers and a nice driveway.

There sure was a lot of metric Mopars represented, something I've noticed when out east. Nice to see the sun come out later.
The Metric presence increases when the weather looks bad. The old stuff stays in the barn.

Back