Mopars in the Park, Sacramento, June 24, 2017

Snotty

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I attended this show last Saturday. First time I've had my car there in close to a decade. Was glad to see more cars there than in recent years, but the largest group was the Modern Mopar Class. By far!

There's no longer a C Body Class so I entered my car in the "Mid Mopar Class, 1955-1975." I took third place!!! While I was happy about that, I don't think it was right; there were other cars there that were far better than mine. You can judge by the pictures. Hope you enjoy them!

As I do at any all-mopar show, I took the "TNT" pie=pan off of my air cleaner.
IMG_0003.JPG
Some cars of the Mid-Mopars Class. I took Third Place.
IMG_0001.JPG
This '62 H took First Place, as well it probably should have. Car was sweet - I regret not taking any interior shots of this car.
IMG_0002.JPG

'57 Windsor wagon didn't place.
IMG_0004.JPG
This Dodge wagon took Second Place. Here's where my bias kicked in: While I did not think my car deserved Third Place, I didn't think this car should have placed before mine. I certainly think neither should have placed before some of the other cars in this class.
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
Case in point: this '68 Rambler Rebel was GORGEOUS!!!
IMG_0011.JPG
This car didn't even place - a shame! This is where a Marque-bias gets in the way in my opinion - this car was head and shoulders better than my car, or the Dodge Wagon.
IMG_0009.JPG
Beautiful 343 is the original motor. This car should have won! Or at least place 2nd to the H.
IMG_0010.JPG
Others in the Class. More to come.
IMG_0014.JPG

More photos from the Show:

This '68 300 ragtop was also in the Mid Class - and no trophy!! Don't know what the judges were thinking.
IMG_0044.JPG

Car was beautiful! And I don't even like this year of Chrysler!
IMG_0045.JPG
Imperials had their own Class, and were well represented. This '65 was nice...
IMG_0005.JPG
...as was it's interior!
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0015.JPG
The red '68:
IMG_0016.JPG
Interior of the blue '67 - sweet!
IMG_0018.JPG

Trucks were well represented too!
IMG_0023.JPG
IMG_0024.JPG
IMG_0025.JPG

Still more - staying with trucks first:
This Power Wagon had a custom motor...
IMG_0026.JPG
Diesel freaks, what do you think?
IMG_0027.JPG
Talked to the owner about this one. I just KNEW I had seen this motor before! Asked him if it had been in a recent magazine? No, but he was in last year's Hot August Nights. Ah ha!
IMG_0028.JPG

I saw it there too.
IMG_0029.JPG
Race Car Class had some sweet rides, but...
IMG_0030.JPG
IMG_0031.JPG
IMG_0032.JPG
...but, this '66 300 didn't even place!!! I thought the guy was ripped off!
IMG_0033.JPG
Car was truly tops! Even my Chevy-loving Brother-in-law loved it!
IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

More pics...

Somehow I reduced this picture in the previous group. Motor in the '66, 392 Hemi.
IMG_0034.JPG
IMG_0036.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG
This' 32 Plymouth was nice. Lots of recent work, including a rebuild of it's flatty 6. I noticed a modern 4-speed OD manual trans. I commented on it and the owner said, "Yes, I don't know what it come out of, but the man who did my mechanical work said it's from a '69 Charger." The man would not accept my word that that guy was wrong!
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0046.JPG
Original owner '79 Magnum was very nice! E58 motor!
IMG_0051.JPG
IMG_0052.JPG
Yes, the tach too!
IMG_0053.JPG
Like mine, there were a number of cars with Torque Thrust wheels. Very cool. This car had a non-original 4-speed - neat!
IMG_0054.JPG
IMG_0055.JPG

Finally....

B's, A's, E's, AMCs, and some modern cars were there too.

IMG_0019.JPG
IMG_0020.JPG
IMG_0021.JPG
IMG_0022.JPG

Car was for sale.
IMG_0041.JPG
Owner said this was one of two '82 Eagle Wagons used as test-beds for CHP cars. Concept was rejected - no power!
IMG_0047.JPG

Little Red kept driving around. Wasn't trying to get a picture of the dude!
IMG_0043.JPG
IMG_0060.JPG
IMG_0061.JPG

That red 68-300 I believe is owned by a previous administration Prez. and has won a few trophies and I believe best in show one year. So therefore he's out as far as winning anything else. I never really cared about how the way they judge the cars. That's nothing but a "Good Ol' Boys" club, and nothing but B.S.!
Hell, they wouldn't even send me my membership card when I joined. Called them about it and they said that I had to come to a meeting to get my card. I lived 80 miles away and they always had their meetings when I had Military duty and could never attend. The return was nothing but a bunch of lying lip service, I told them to go F themselves! I would only go to sit in the swap area and sell parts, even them the people were A-holes wanting super cheap to free parts. I'm so glad I'm out of that shithole of a state!

I attended this show last Saturday. First time I've had my car there in close to a decade. Was glad to see more cars there than in recent years, but the largest group was the Modern Mopar Class. By far!

There's no longer a C Body Class so I entered my car in the "Mid Mopar Class, 1955-1975." I took third place!!! While I was happy about that, I don't think it was right; there were other cars there that were far better than mine. You can judge by the pictures. Hope you enjoy them!

As I do at any all-mopar show, I took the "TNT" pie=pan off of my air cleaner.
View attachment 130074 Some cars of the Mid-Mopars Class. I took Third Place.
View attachment 130075 This '62 H took First Place, as well it probably should have. Car was sweet - I regret not taking any interior shots of this car.
View attachment 130076
'57 Windsor wagon didn't place.
View attachment 130077 This Dodge wagon took Second Place. Here's where my bias kicked in: While I did not think my car deserved Third Place, I didn't think this car should have placed before mine. I certainly think neither should have placed before some of the other cars in this class.
View attachment 130078 View attachment 130079 Case in point: this '68 Rambler Rebel was GORGEOUS!!!
View attachment 130080 This car didn't even place - a shame! This is where a Marque-bias gets in the way in my opinion - this car was head and shoulders better than my car, or the Dodge Wagon.
View attachment 130081 Beautiful 343 is the original motor. This car should have won! Or at least place 2nd to the H.
View attachment 130082 Others in the Class. More to come.
View attachment 130083

Snotty: I think the judging at most of these "local" shows is pretty much a political thing. . .

Snotty: I think the judging at most of these "local" shows is pretty much a political thing. . .
I agree as I've seen it at other shows as well. But there are times when any naked eye can see who the winners are, and when they don't even place I want to scratch my head. The guy with the Rebel was ripped off!

I received a trophy once at a Rod and Motorcycle Show in Bakersfield. I was glad but I did ask why? The guys who chose it said, "We like your car because it's not overdone, and obviously is a driver." OK, I can accept that; it's true.

I agree as I've seen it at other shows as well. But there are times when any naked eye can see who the winners are, and when they don't even place I want to scratch my head. The guy with the Rebel was ripped off!

I received a trophy once at a Rod and Motorcycle Show in Bakersfield. I was glad but I did ask why? The guys who chose it said, "We like your car because it's not overdone, and obviously is a driver." OK, I can accept that; it's true.

Yeah. That is the way it is. You usually don't know exactly what the judging criteria is.

The only trophy I've ever gotten was the "long distance" one, but then again I've never had anything nice enough to warrant anything more - I'm usually too busy driving it to polish it.

Sorry guy's I am the owner of the dodge wagon you are wrong about the politics I don't know any body in the club or for that mater any body at the show I don't know what the criteria is for winning I never expected to win any thing but am glad I did

Sorry guy's I am the owner of the dodge wagon you are wrong about the politics I don't know any body in the club or for that mater any body at the show I don't know what the criteria is for winning I never expected to win any thing but am glad I did

Easy to understand. . . All the judges drive wagons. :poke:

I didn't say you were a Member of the Club; I said the owner of the 300 H is. However, I would have voted for his car too; it's real sweet. But, I did say I do not think either mine or you car should have placed above the Rebel or the '68 300 ragtop. That's where I'm saying a bias pops in. Did you see my right rear quarter panel, or my interior? How does my car place above either of those two? How does that '66 300 not win Racecar Class? It's in a different world than those that did win.

The only explanation that has been offered and makes sense, and said on another site, is the practice of not awarding a trophy to cars that have won before. I have attended a show that does that, but they have a special class for all previous winners. They then compete against each other. That happens at the San Joaquin Mopars Show in Madera. I liked it happening that way. I don't want to believe that the best car in our Class, in my opinion, the Rebel, didn't win because it was an AMC. I have seen such happen at other shows and it's a turn-off.

Like I said I don't know what the criteria nor do I care I love my car and glad somebody else likes it don't know why you can't just enjoy the show not every thing is politics

I did enjoy the show or would not have posted any pictures of it. I like my car too, and as I have already said, I'm happy to bring home an award. But, that does not change my opinion that a matter of injustice may have happened in the judging. Such a possibility I never like, and am not going to start now, having received a trophy or no.

I guess they should have partition trophys that way you won't feel left out
I don't think you are understanding my point at all. Where did I say that I felt left out? Geeze man, I won a trophy! If you are not getting my point, then let it go.

Back