More carb questions/suggestions

Bayoulee

Reaction score
Still looking for options on least finicky carburetor for the '68 383 im putting in my 66 fury going with a performer intake . I found a guy that has the two carburetors city take $15 a piece for them. Looked up the numbers, and it looks like they are both 600 CFM.
1 what is the difference in these?
2 is 600 cfm enough for my 383
4 any other advice is appreciated.
IMG_5864.jpg

IMG_5865.jpg

Go with the Edelbrock 600 performer with the 1481 Chrysler linkage adaptor. My car works extremely well with this combination This adapter allows easy setup of your kickdown and throttle cable

IMG_5668.PNG

IMG_5866.PNG
Go with the Edelbrock 600 performer with the 1481 Chrysler linkage adaptor. My car works extremely well with this combination This adapter allows easy setup of your kickdown and throttle cable

View attachment 141272
Thanks, someone else had mentioned that in the earlier post I made
Here are some pictures of when I was installing my n

Awesome that will be helpful. I just ordered the 1481 kit above. With that, If i use the edelbrock 383 aluminum intake, will i also need this??

I somehow messed up the quotes etc in that post. Here is what I meant to add with that picture:
Awesome that will be helpful. I just ordered the 1481 kit above. With that, If i use the edelbrock 383 aluminum intake, will i also need this??

Still looking for options on least finicky carburetor for the '68 383 im putting in my 66 fury going with a performer intake . I found a guy that has the two carburetors city take $15 a piece for them. Looked up the numbers, and it looks like they are both 600 CFM.
1 what is the difference in these?
2 is 600 cfm enough for my 383
4 any other advice is appreciated.
View attachment 141256

View attachment 141257
Go TBI and be done with it!

I somehow messed up the quotes etc in that post. Here is what I meant to add with that picture:
I don't know if you need that bracket I stayed with the factory 4 barrel intake. My reason is I wanted my Cruise control ,kick down , throttle to use the factory brackets , they I worked great before I installed the new carb and they work great now ! If it ain't broke don't fix it . I've put 20,000 miles on the car since then and have had no problems with it.

600 cfm Edelbrock on my stock 440 and I am happy.

I don't know if you need that bracket I stayed with the factory 4 barrel intake. My reason is I wanted my Cruise control ,kick down , throttle to use the factory brackets , they I worked great before I installed the new carb and they work great now ! If it ain't broke don't fix it . I've put 20,000 miles on the car since then and have had no problems with it.
I am wondering if any of the linkage from my 318 will work?

I don't think so but you can give it a shot. I'm more of 383 - 440 bigblock guy. If you don't have the proper brackets buy the new edelbrock brackets you were looking at and be done with it.

I forgot to mention the Edelbrock bracket works with the Edelbrock intake. It may not fit properly on the factory intake.

When I put the Torker 400 on my '67 Newport, I used all of the original trans kickdown linkage. Used the allegedly-matched TQuad 9801. Had to get the recommended extension for the kickdown rod as the primary bores were a little farther forward than the orig AFB was on the stock manifold.

CBODY67

Back