More Pictures

Marv

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
This time I went to a classic car meet, not a US car only event, but classic cars of every brand.
More than 5000 cars attended that event, huge swap meet but that´s mostly just Mercedes, VW or Opel stuff.. some cbodies where there.

K1600_DSC01402.JPG

K1600_DSC01403.JPG

K1600_DSC01404.JPG

K1600_DSC01405.JPG

K1600_DSC01406.JPG

K1600_DSC01407.JPG

K1600_DSC01408.JPG

K1600_DSC01409.JPG

K1600_DSC01410.JPG

Thanks for the pics. Some really nice C Body's. Can you tell me why many European owners of American cars take the wheel covers off? I can see putting on mag wheels but plain black steelies I don't get.

As far as full wheel covers are concerned they like to fly away if you leave the Autobahn in the fast driven Exit curves and they*re not as easyly found in Europe as replacements. Lost a few myself, of course you could add them at the Destination then. Also some sort of musclecar look is desired by some owners I guess, 440/6 Super Bee or 440 Chrysler, no difference if you don't have the naturally grown Tradition of the cars' Homeland.

Can you tell me why many European owners of American cars take the wheel covers off? I can see putting on mag wheels but plain black steelies I don't get.

As far as full wheel covers are concerned they like to fly away if you leave the Autobahn in the fast driven Exit curves .

yep that´s just what happened a couple of weeks ago with one of the dog dishes on a 68 charger in front of me .. we had to stop on a busy road to catch
that little prick :mad::mad:

However a second reason is most probably the look. Some people consider the factory wheel covers as grandpa-look.
They take them off and drive the plain black steelies, as it looks more ,,badass".
It is quite common on modern cars as well, as we usually change wheels every fall from summertires to wintertires that
have more grip on snow and slush. Most people have their ,,good" aluminum rims with the summertires and the
wintertires only on steelies and don´t put extra covers on it

Thanks for sharing the pics. On the wheel cover issue, I submit that while they could fly off under hard cornering back in the day, modern failures are more often a result of people not fully seating them on the rim. Much like shoeing a horse, properly installing wheel covers has become a lost art. I drive a car with heavy-*** wheelcovers and probably run at least 80 twice a day.

More than the black steelie look, I wish people would learn this...

"stripes were for racing cars in the 50's so team members could identify cars, offsets were used to show which side the driver was sitting on, and help the driver re-align the car to the track."

k1600_dsc01403-jpg.jpg

Thus I lolz every time I see someone expend needless labor to do something wrong.

More than the black steelie look, I wish people would learn this...

"stripes were for racing cars in the 50's so team members could identify cars, offsets were used to show which side the driver was sitting on, and help the driver re-align the car to the track."

That´s what I thought when I saw this car. The owner had a papersheet in the window saying he shipped it in 2004 and it was in a shop for restoration for over a year including new paintjob.
I´m pretty sure that this color doesn´t match EV2 orange or another paintcode plus I don´t like it on this car. It would have been way nicer in blue, yellow or red IMHO.
And those stripes are just stupid on a fullsize.

8684832021_ea6583d6d0_b.jpg

Looks a lot like the Opel 529 brilliant red of my DD, pretty likely if the car has been painted in Germany.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm pretty sure that I won't get sued for that.. Those Porsche owners don't even know what a c body is :D

Back