Most disappointing Battery setup I've seen, lately..

67Monaco

Go Woke, Go Broke.
Reaction score
Came across this at the local show about two weeks ago. Only went because the FIL thought there was a swap meet going on that day not the same ol same ol cruise. Now it's not everyday you see a slab at a show so I was excited. Then I saw this;

IMAG1475.jpg

Wow... That switch is a fire waiting to happen. The blade is in perfect position to short against the radiator support.

It would make more sense if it was on the negative side. Then if it shorted against the body... No harm.

Yes disconnect seems reversed.
But I am just admiring the trim on his car vs mine on the wall needing some straightening, polishing, and clips that seem to be 68 Polara specific

IMG_5252.JPG

Even the exhaust is kind of Chevyish but I like it.

Would he have done this because he has a ground in the wiring that drains the battery after the car sits??
It could be for a lot of reasons. Indoor car shows require disconnecting the battery. Sometimes it's anti-theft. Sometimes it's done as a safety device, although this one is more of a hazard.

I have something similar, although mine is not a blade switch. I have mine so I can store the car without any issues. One thing that happens is if the battery goes dead, the coil in the clock can burn out, but the main reason is just so the car has no power while it's sitting... Makes it a little safer and the battery won't drain.

I also have mine on the negative post, although it really doesn't matter.

ph_11656.jpg

and while were at it, the store bought sticker letter mercedes font RT on the trunk, the dress up crap on the motor... ick... I mean, I know, it looks solid which is a good thing but holy god.

He had R/T badge on the grille too. Both (front and rear) were from ma mopar. The one on the trunk just looks odd from the angle. Not my thang but hey he's driving it.. I think.

Back