motor back in the car

ricks_RR

Reaction score
its been about 3 years since I pulled the motor but now its time to start putting it back together .new heads and lots of parts to clean but now she is coming together .
0505191438.jpg

its been about 3 years since I pulled the motor but now its time to start putting it back together .new heads and lots of parts to clean but now she is coming together .View attachment 283814

Terrific! I know where you are at. Been there myself getting an engine rebuilt and re-installed. Its been more than two years for me. . .

Fram oil filter is a poor choice for a new engine break in, find a Wix or Hastings filter and you will not be sorry.

Dave

with this filter I am going to put a drill and pump the new oil thru the motor first then I will drain the pan and put new oil in again with a good filter .then install the distributor and fire it up .it a long time before that happen .what is the wix filter number for a 440

Rick, awesome man, can't wait to see it in a few weeks. I have the 383 put back together in my garage and I'm about to drop it back in over the next week or two when my buddy can give me a hand. I was able to touch up my engine bay as well. No better time to do that.

Very quietly and secretly, the 440 sits in the corner of my garage refreshed and renewed with a monster crank awaiting her turn...

IMG_20190505_175525278.jpg

with this filter I am going to put a drill and pump the new oil thru the motor first then I will drain the pan and put new oil in again with a good filter .then install the distributor and fire it up .it a long time before that happen .what is the wix filter number for a 440

Wix 51515XP standard
Wix 51515R high performance racing filter.

The standard is more than adequate for anything except serious racing applications.

Dave

Unless you have old oil in the crankcase, you don't need to dump the oil after you prime the engine. Just fill the crankcase with good break-in oil with plenty of ZDDP in it, and proceed to the startup. I used Comp Cams 15W-40 break-in oil in my engine. BTW, you can get everything from Summit - oil, filter and anything else you may need. They ship very fast.

thank you everyone for the info
mike cant wait to see everyone again this year at the mopar party .the doors are always open for new people to come .if anyone that has not been to this you need to a lot of fun and great people
0602181418a.jpg

Back