Moving shfter from column to floor console.

dcjoe22

Reaction score
Has anyone done this lately?. I have a 66 Fury lll with bucket seats and a console, but my shifter is on the column. I would like to move it to the floor, but not sure what I might need. Any info would be great!

I have a 66 Fury lll with bucket seats and a console, but my shifter is on the column. I would like to move it to the floor, but not sure what I might need. Any info would be great!

:sSig_greetingsthor: :welcome:

The Fury III came with a bench seat so someone must have installed the buckets and console.
At the very least you'll need all the floor shift componants and a floor shift steering column.
Can you post some pictures of what the console looks like....? As well as the whole car.... love to see it.

Thanks! You are correct in it being a bench seat at first. When I bought it in 05, that change had already been made. I just bought a shifter and all the linkage from a Sport Fury, but not sure what a floor shift column is. I am assuming that is the bracket that holds the shifter? Is that originally welded to the body? I will post pics as soon as I figure out how!!

Welcome ............nice car.

Post some pictures so we can can see what you are working with.

Thanks! You are correct in it being a bench seat at first. When I bought it in 05, that change had already been made. I just bought a shifter and all the linkage from a Sport Fury, but not sure what a floor shift column is. I am assuming that is the bracket that holds the shifter? Is that originally welded to the body? I will post pics as soon as I figure out how!!

A floor shift column is the steering column, similar to what you have but there is no provisions on it for a shifter. You can use your current column, but it will be obvious that it was once a column shift car unless you change it.

Posted pics.

I posted a couple pictures of my Fury. I will take some of my interior so you can see my console. I did know I will have to change my column to a non shifter. Thanks!

Posted pics of my car, will add some of the console a little later. Thanks!!

Just do what I did to my 67 fury wagon when I put a 66 charger interior in it,,full length consol and all,,I just cut off the selector part off my coluem and filled it,,then sanded and painted,,if you play with it it will still move but looks correct.

dale if you can post some pics of your 67 fury wagon interior. i have a 68 which i would like to confert some day.

thanks mark

Just do what I did to my 67 fury wagon when I put a 66 charger interior in it,,full length consol and all,,I just cut off the selector part off my coluem and filled it,,then sanded and painted,,if you play with it it will still move but looks correct.

Yeah I'd really like to see how that looks!

lets see if I can load any pics DSCN0009.jpgDSCN0010.jpgDSCN0011.jpgDSCN0013.jpgDSCN0014.jpgDSCN0016.jpgDSCN0017.jpgDSCN0018.jpgDSCN0022.jpgDSCN0024.jpg

DSCN0009.jpg

DSCN0010.jpg

DSCN0011.jpg

DSCN0013.jpg

DSCN0014.jpg

DSCN0016.jpg

DSCN0017.jpg

DSCN0018.jpg

DSCN0022.jpg

DSCN0024.jpg

Looks great!! Thanks for taking the time to post up the pics. :thumbsup:

When were those pics taken?? Looks like they are old photos?

The pics were taken around,,damn i'm gettin old but around10-12 yrs ago,,and were polaroid pics that my girlfriends daughter took pics of with my new modern camera and was able to load on my computer and I can find with luck,,,,I wish I had more but the old upholestry pics were mock up pics,it turned out great and I didn't realise how bright a gold interior would be but the wagon was originaly a gold/tan interior and year one didn't have anything close except a gold colord materal for 67,,,man was that bright and with a whole interior I couldn't keep the windows clean from all the gassing from the new upholestry,
I sold that wagon years ago to finish my 67 polara 500 conv and haven't seen it since,I would love to see it in a magazine when it shows up again.

Back