(and my newly built 493 mild stroker) out when I try to suprise
some one off the line.

All advise is welcome.

Yes, I am a stoplight racer 0 to 50 mph only! and I know
it wieghs 2 + TONS....
BUT IS KEEPS ME OUT OF THE BAR!

Newport183-2.jpg

Last edited:
NO. I didn't want to miss the Early Bird Special down at Homer's All-You-Can-Eat Buffet...

I am interested in this too because I have a 6al collecting dust in the shop and I need to get rid of my Lean Burn.

I am a fan of MSD gear.
i have a 6al box, 8680 adjustable timing, pro billet msd distrubuter and 8.5mm super conductors. the quality of thier gear is very good, very well made and dependable. I got the 6al and 8680 to get around some problems with high compression and avalability of high octane gas here, works a treat. The pro billet dizzy came later, when my "mopar performance" unit crapped itself after cheap plastic bushings on the advance weights failed, leading to the magnetic pickup coming free from its plate and causing me promlems. i fixed that dizzy, but it never quite ran right, the msd dizzy is good imptovement, well made, easy to set mechanical advance and total timing, and a great looking unit as a bonus. Just get the 6al wired in properly, no balast resistor and a relay for the starter (box doesnt work if voltage drops below 12v) adviseable to get an auto sparky to sort it

I am a fan of MSD gear.
i have a 6al box, 8680 adjustable timing, pro billet msd distrubuter and 8.5mm super conductors. the quality of thier gear is very good, very well made and dependable. I got the 6al and 8680 to get around some problems with high compression and avalability of high octane gas here, works a treat. The pro billet dizzy came later, when my "mopar performance" unit crapped itself after cheap plastic bushings on the advance weights failed, leading to the magnetic pickup coming free from its plate and causing me promlems. i fixed that dizzy, but it never quite ran right, the msd dizzy is good imptovement, well made, easy to set mechanical advance and total timing, and a great looking unit as a bonus. Just get the 6al wired in properly, no balast resistor and a relay for the starter (box doesnt work if voltage drops below 12v) adviseable to get an auto sparky to sort it

I have a 6AL and E-curve dist on my 406 stoker magnum. Love em. Just don't know if a 6AL would be worth putting on my stock low compression 440. I have a stock elect. ignition and dist on the way, was only $14 more than the dist alone.

Back