MUSCLEPALOOZA DRAGS

polarus

Reaction score
I had to leave early so these are slower brackets.
IMG_1318.JPG
IMG_1321.JPG
IMG_1322.JPG
IMG_1323.JPG
IMG_1324.JPG
IMG_1326.JPG
IMG_1327.JPG
IMG_1328.JPG
IMG_1392.JPG
IMG_1393.JPG

Man I wished I could have gone this year. What was the slowest class in the drags? A few guys said hell just run your Fury . I said man I would be lucky to get high 14s.
They said who cares, folks would like to see your car. I never did. Maybe next year:(

Another year that I did not make it. Was hoping to run in the FAST class.

Turboomni, The SuperCar series will be at Lebanon Valley the weekend of October 6 & 7. Not sure if I will make it but this is a good group to run with. I started drag racing in my green 68 Sport Fury running low 16's and high 15's before I built a stroker for my yellow 68 Sport Fury. Often times there are cars running slower times and what we do is after the fastest 8 cars are set in a typical ladder style elimination, the slower cars get matched up with a car that is closest in speed and those cars, which includes mine when I run it, run a best of 2 out 3 rounds. While they want stock appearing cars, they will make some exceptions for someone looking to get their feet wet.

MuscleForLosers! Sorry, Musclepalooza. This is a great event. Love going to watch the drag races and seeing the different types of cars in the show. However I'm never going back to this event. The reason is, my stepdad and his friend Rob went up there and they got turned away. Why you ask, the guy at the gate said a 440 fury convertible is NOT a muscle car. They were very upset but not at the anger boiling point yet. It gets better. My stepdads friend Rob says "if I go in there and find one 6 cylinder Chevy i'm going to be pissed" Sure enough, he found a 6 cylinder Chevy about 8 cars down in the first row. Needless to say, my stepdad and his friend Rob will never going to Musclepalooza ever again.

MuscleForLosers! Sorry, Musclepalooza. This is a great event. Love going to watch the drag races and seeing the different types of cars in the show. However I'm never going back to this event. The reason is, my stepdad and his friend Rob went up there and they got turned away. Why you ask, the guy at the gate said a 440 fury convertible is NOT a muscle car. They were very upset but not at the anger boiling point yet. It gets better. My stepdads friend Rob says "if I go in there and find one 6 cylinder Chevy i'm going to be pissed" Sure enough, he found a 6 cylinder Chevy about 8 cars down in the first row. Needless to say, my stepdad and his friend Rob will never going to Musclepalooza ever again.

Young Luke Sport Fury 70 Walker. You have much to learn about the C Body force.

You need to be forgiving and understand that the gate folks are not always car guys. Also, I am familiar with this story and they did eventually let Rob in with his 440 powered '70 Fury convertible with GT stripes.

Instead of boycotting we need C Body's to show up at this show in large numbers and demand to be let in. They certainly don't want a lot of C Body owners sitting in their cars at the gates refusing to move until they get let in and thus preventing other cars from getting in. Just my 2 cents.

BTW, I may be there this Spring and may be racing.

The Sport Fury GT's are about as close to a "musclecar" as it gets. My Polara has more muscle in it now than before, but it will never be a musclecar. My '67 Dart 270 is closer than my C's.

Back