SOLD My ‘68 Coronet R/T

Status
Not open for further replies.

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have decided to listen to reason on this one and pass it along to someone that can make some time for it. I’ve owned it for 8 years and have done almost nothing to it and it’s very likely that I will never have time to restore it myself.
It has its original drivetrain including numbers matching freshly rebuilt 440, also matching HEMI 4 speed and most likely the Dana 60 with 3.54 gears that it was born with.
It is originally a black car with white rump stripe and a white over black bucket seat non-console interior with original fender tag to prove it.
It is relatively complete and the previous owner started the restoration. In my opinion some of what’s been done should be redone to higher standards for a car as rare as this and I believe I have taken that into consideration with where I set the reserve. That being said it’s quite a project but a VERY worthy one.
It is currently on eBay.
1968 Dodge Coronet R/T | eBay
F0127718-E0EE-4ADA-9AC1-CA49504FBC13.jpeg
265CC361-B977-4DE9-85BC-F1122127622B.jpeg
64845DB8-9F22-415E-B05B-AE906010852B.jpeg

Only better because it’s a black and white hdtp!:D
But seriously it deserves to be restored to the level of that beauty.:thumbsup:

Here's what it looked like before. A hacked up race car from the 70's. An original hemi car.
Christmas 201320151016_02 (1).JPG

It looked bad *** before you were let loose on it!
And either way, go find another!

I can only say if I was after a 68/69 Cornet, this would be the one to get!

An amazing car when done...

Possible trade for??? :poke:

Last edited:
I recently let my 71 Barracuda conv go, after 16 yrs of ownership. The shop the car was at for some metal work burned to the ground. Only one car was lost in the fire , my shell was spared. All of the hard to find parts were lost in the blaze. The second pic shows the stall where my car was, the hood is still against the wall. The shop owner didn't have insurance either adding to the saga. It took the wind out my sails, so to speak, and reason took over. The new owner was after it for quite a few years and will be taken on as soon as his 71 Challenger conv is completed. Good luck on your sale. At least our cars will get what they deserve.
20180315_110628.jpg
20180315_110340.jpg

I recently let my 71 Barracuda conv go, after 16 yrs of ownership. The shop the car was at for some metal work burned to the ground. Only one car was lost in the fire , my shell was spared. All of the hard to find parts were lost in the blaze. The second pic shows the stall where my car was, the hood is still against the wall. The shop owner didn't have insurance either adding to the saga. It took the wind out my sails, so to speak, and reason took over. The new owner was after it for quite a few years and will be taken on as soon as his 71 Challenger conv is completed. Good luck on your sale. At least our cars will get what they deserve.
View attachment 193292 View attachment 193296
Sorry man, that’s horrible!:BangHead:

View attachment 193292 View attachment 193296
What a shame.

Running a Body shop without insure is pretty insane. My condolences.
Did you get any compensation for the lost parts ?

I think I wouldn't have gone the back to factory route as an owner, but thank god my bank account spares me such hard decisions. :rolleyes:

Being a real hemi car going back to original was the only financially sensible option.

Running a Body shop without insure is pretty insane. My condolences.
Did you get any compensation for the lost parts ?

Very true however the car owner should have classic car insurance himself to cover this kind of loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back