SOLD My ‘68 Coronet R/T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running a Body shop without insure is pretty insane. My condolences.
Did you get any compensation for the lost parts ?

Unfortunately, no, cost more than one 20 year friendship to boot. The whole thing has been a sickening experience.

Being a real hemi car going back to original was the only financially sensible option.

..unless it left some noticeable footprint in drag racing. I think I searched around before when this Topic came up some time ago and did it again now, but I couldn't find anything about this certain car under the Bad Medicine moniker.

Ok this time I’m serious, it’s really gotta go. Last years unsuccessful EBay auction probably would’ve turned out differently if it wasn’t in so many pieces so I took 2 days this week and tuned it into something much easier to transport.
Engine, trans, front suspension and steering all bolted in. It was a fun project, I felt like I was a kid again in my parents basement building plastic models!:thumbsup:
F854D647-7732-4AA7-8128-50DDA344E872.jpeg
59E0AD3F-F5D6-4504-BE39-3FF7B2E7D59C.jpeg
FA3446C2-4CEA-4F2E-89F3-EEAD81FE6557.jpeg
838D48BE-7C84-4A47-9FF5-C014EEA14837.jpeg
BFE80BB2-2388-4983-90F8-ABF6546A3E05.jpeg
650FDDC5-338E-4968-AFD3-40B8B5F9A3DE.jpeg

Really looks like a solid car. You definitely did the right thing getting some of the mechanicals in place.

I forget is it a complete car, just disassembled for restoration?

This is the money shot which is going to make this car so attractive to someone, seeing the 4 speed in place.

FB90CBB2-693B-4C62-9ED2-560BBC81B0B8.jpeg

It’s pretty much complete Mike, just disassembled for restoration. Unfortunately the metal work that’s been done up to this point is sub-par and will need to be straightened out before moving forward.

So from your previous comments this is how it would have looked from the factory? Not those wheel, but they look good on the car.

Screenshot_20190622-075426_Google.jpg

I love that Power Bulge hood on the RT's and Super Bee's!!!

Just my ignorance so the seats and door panels white. Black dash and carpet, what color the the headliner, white?

Just my ignorance so the seats and door panels white. Black dash and carpet, what color the the headliner, white?
Yes I actually have a scrap of it with the car.

When I restored my 68 Coronet 500 convertible...383 car with a ton of options I had to install the power budge hood because it is just so darn sexy!!

My 69 SuperBee hardtop was a 383 car with the Power Bulge hood. No A/C. Bronze Mettallic with a white bumblebee stripe. Black vinyl and interior. I paid $1750 for it in 1971. Traded it in on a new 73 Ralleye Challenger 340 torqueflite on the floor.

How can you not want to finish it.
It's a 4 Spd get Pete's sakes.
Well it’s not my favorite choice to have to make but it’s my reality. It’s not my only 4 speed car though, I’ll have my ‘68 RR to put back together in the not too distant future (hoping) and that car will be pretty special in different ways. I do prefer a Dodge over a Plymouth, always have especially when it comes to B bodies but now I prefer Imperials over both and I need the room in my shop badly come July.
It’s bad enough that I’m paying as much as I am to store a car that before this week I’ve never done anything with in a building in an increasingly pricey neighborhood where I’m trying hard to earn a comfortable living.
I would love to be able to right the wrongs that were done to the body of this very worthy car but it’s just not in the cards for me. I was going to put it on eBay today but I have a friend that wants me to hold off until he comes to see it on Monday.

Nice informative ad Matt, if only everyone could display and describe their car this well. Good luck on the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back