My 1965 Dodge Monaco 426W 4-Speed will be going back up for sale

moparnutcase

Reaction score
Hello All,
It has been a while since I last posted here. Long story as short as possible........many of you know that I had put my Monaco up for sale. It sold this past January. The gentleman who bought it sent a fairly large deposit(he insisted, not me) to hold the car until he and his son could come to get it(snow issues at the time). Until about two weeks ago, I had not heard from him since March! I tried many times to contact him with no response. We finally talked and he said the car is yours, keep the deposit and put it towards storage fees. At this point the car is officially for sale again. I may or may not put a for sale ad on the site, if I do I will NOT discuss the car publicly. Feel free to PM me at any time to discuss the car. As for the buyer who backed out....he has a very sad life altering matter, I left it at if I still have the car and he changes his mind he can finish the transaction(remaining balance) and can take the car. If it sells before that happens than he knows he lost out. Thanks for reading, John.

fury fan

Reaction score
That's a righteous buyer right there. Your offer of buy-for-the-remaining-balance is righteous too.

If the deposit over-covers your storage cost - could some of that money back to him now make a difference on his end? If so, that'll catch him by surprise and might happen at the very time he needs it most.

Not telling you what to do, of course...

Imperialist67

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
nice that the buyer at least didn't leave you high and dry for backing out of the deal - finding a new home for that should be NO problem..... good luck with it.