My 1965 Plymouth Fury 3

TeddieBeeee

Reaction score
Hey guys! Proud owner of a '65 Fury 3. Lots of work ahead of me. Just put new tires and wheel on her. I'm in the process of addressing all the leaks coming from underneath this big girl. It has a 318 Poly in it now. I am probably going to drop a 360 in her soon. Body is pretty straight with some rust issues around the rear wheel wells. Nothing major tho. I am going to paint it a black with a matte finish.

Well let me know what you guys think! IMG_1723.jpgIMG_1725.jpgIMG_1726.jpgIMG_1727.jpg

IMG_1723.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1726.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

Last edited:
I like it. Good luck plugging the leaks. Going to keep the black wheels with the black matte paint or roll on something else?

I like it A LOT!! Love the grill and body lines so good luck. Head over to the welcome wagon and introduce your self and show off the Fury some more.

I like it. Good luck plugging the leaks. Going to keep the black wheels with the black matte paint or roll on something else?

Yeah, the black wheels with matte black paint job, soon I hope!

Last edited:
Nice car and welcome aboard. Keep us posted on the build. Is that the factory color? If so I would keep it red, but it's your car and will look good no matter.

Last edited:
I like the stance and it'll look rather sinister in black.

Welcome to the site, Great looking ride sound like you have a great plan for her can't wait to see her finished. :3gears:

That looks great, I love the black inside the chrome down the side, never seen it done before and it looks tough. Nice job on the wheels and tires. I'm actually wondering what size the wheels and tires are?? They look good, I've got 14 inch magnums on mine, but am about to do a disc brake upgrade and will have to get something bigger. I always thought the 14's looked tiny in those giant wheel wells anyway. And I think the red looks great. 65 Fury.jpg

65 Fury.jpg

Interesting picture PrivatePile, is that yours? Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Very nice! I just picked up a 65 sport and was thinking of almost the same thing as far as paint and wheels? How does that happen? Great minds! LOL. Mine is going to be a black with purple pearl for the paint with matte black wheels so opposite of what you are doing. Welcome to the group and look forward to the progress!

Right on man!!! Yeah, I think that will look awesome!! It was kind of tough to decide on wheels cuz there isn't a lot of pics floating around the net of Fury's with "modern" style 18/20 low profile tires. But I'm glad I did I love the rake! Keep me posted. Have a great weekend!

You two are going to make some waves, I love it!!!!

Nice car! Just not a big fan of the matte look finish.If I were to go thru all the trouble of getting her ready for paint I'd either keep her red or go gloss black.The chrome would pop on the car and the chrome lip on the rims would enhance the wheels! Good luck with her!

Nice car! Just not a big fan of the matte look finish.If I were to go thru all the trouble of getting her ready for paint I'd either keep her red or go gloss black.The chrome would pop on the car and the chrome lip on the rims would enhance the wheels! Good luck with her!

Thats just it. No major trouble will be had. I am just doing a rough, almost "rat rod" look for now. Better paint (gloss black) job in store later down the road when I don't have little ones constantly ramming their bikes into the side of it lol. Just concentrating on getting it running good for now. But, I have seen plenty of classic cars in Matte finish that I really do like.

Back