My 1966 Chrysler 300

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
IMG_9443.JPG
IMG_9444.JPG
IMG_9445.JPG
When I dropped my wagon off at a Wollfen's shop last month I took a look around at some of the cars he had there. I spotted this 66 300 & Gary was telling me it belonged to a member on here Boomer. He said he thought it might be for sale. So I looked it over & decided I'd give Boomer a call. Yep car was for sale. He told what it needed which confirmed what Gary had told me. Boomer sent a lot of pics & I slept on it & the next evening we made a deal that was finalized today. And since the car is already down there at Gary's & many of the parts have already been bought I will let Gary work on it when he is done with my wagon. The car has we think the original 383 engine. It did run but fear of a crude in the tank as it was very low on fuel we only let it run maybe two minutes. I'm very happy to get this car. I really like the styling & luxury of the big 300. As Gary & myself work on it we will post pics & progress of it.

Last edited:
Welcome to the club Bob!! Took the cover off my Red 66 yesterday and fell in love with it all over again!

I'm sorry to see Boomer let it go but glad it stayed in the family here!:thumbsup:

I'm sorry to see Boomer let it go but glad it stayed in the family here!:thumbsup:

Heh, you can't get rid of me that easy. I'll still be around and will eventually have another C Body, probably a 300 or maybe an Imperial. Now is just not the time, and there's more to the story, of course.

Just got home after a 3.5 hour drive back from Bob's place. What a day. Forgive me if I've posted this info previously but I think most folks will remember we moved to northern VA last year from near Raleigh and at that time I had no place to put the car and no time (or much money) to deal with it. Gary VERY kindly offered to let me store it at his place very reasonably and also agreed to do some work on it for me. Already had a few parts with the car including a new floor pan to patch the passenger side floor where the heater core leaked and ponded up years ago. I think we were probably going to start with that then move to either the dash/core issue or fuel tank/sender, can't recall.

Anyhow - the new house sprung a leak the second month we were here, upstairs bathroom over living room ceiling and bedroom wall next to it. HUGE mess that get dragged out for months.

Then my dad got ill and was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer in early November. He was gone 9 days after finding out, so at least he didn't spend years in pain or a drug-induced stupor which he never would've wanted. Was riding his Harley in late July, gone to a better place 3 months later.

Well, dad and I also had a car project which I think I posted some shots of on here back in 2015 when I was up there helping him get it back on the road - 1950 Lincoln found in a barn in MA with 30K original miles. Didn't need a lot but we'd been tinkering on it since 2002 or so. When he passed away, I inherited the car.

I may have also posted photos of my old truck project at one point too, a rusty old IHC R-140. And there's a 1951 Farmall Super A tractor hiding somewhere, too.

So (needless to say) I had my limit of projects already and gained one more which is a keeper. Something else had to go. No room here (yet), and very little time with a 4.5 year old daughter requiring more of the time I already didn't have. The Road Shark drew the short straw.

By choice, I took a beating on the car. Not from Bob, but because I spent a lot on getting the car and getting it here because I intended to keep it. No way I was getting my money back in the shape it was in. Things just didn't work out this time. But as I said to Bob, I have the satisfaction of knowing it went to a member of the group here who knows and enjoys these big Mopars a lot. 'Family' works fine.

I'll be following the progress as well, really happy that the car is going to get the attention it deserves and not sit around while I try to figure something out.

Thanks Bob, and a HUGE thank you to Gary aka Wollfen for making the deal happen as well as storing the car for me when I was in a tight spot.

It seems so. LOL Good on you for helping the guys out, great to see the car stay in the "family" so to speak.
I'm sure that Gary, Bob and Boomer will enjoy a nice drive when she's all done. Who pays for the tank of gas to be decided. LOL.

Gosh, I'm gonna be busy soon huh?
Yes you just might. After I finished the deal with Boomer my buddy & I drove over to another guys place & I made another deal. Hope to finalize it in the comming days. Can't spill the beans on that yet. BIG shout out to Tom AKA Boomer. I know that was stressful selling the Land Shark and all that driving. I had 4 notarys lined up as I've learned those suckers are hard to find on a weekend. The cars are out there folks. You just got to look & ask & turn over some rocks.

Heh, you can't get rid of me that easy.

Anyhow - the new house sprung a leak the second month we were here, upstairs bathroom over living room ceiling and bedroom wall next to it. HUGE mess that get dragged out for months.

Then my dad got ill and was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer in early November. He was gone 9 days after finding out, so at least he didn't spend years in pain or a drug-induced stupor which he never would've wanted. Was riding his Harley in late July, gone to a better place 3 months later.

Boomer, I'm glad to hear that we cannot get rid of you that easy. So sorry to hear about you Dad.

Bob, you must have a hell of a big yard to park all these vehicles. Lol

Back