My 1969 Dodge Polara Wagon

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
Huge thanks to @amazinblue82 and his friend Bob for this one!

I would also like to thank @ayilar, @bigmoparjeff ,@BLIMP, @Corbin,@robio ,@polara71,@saforwardlook ,@Moseman, @The Goose@69monaco, @70 Sport Suburban, and @71Polara383 for their help in past few months.

I saw a picture of DL45G9D131985 sitting in the middle of a field in one of those Front End Friday threads on a FB Group and decided to message the poster about it, and after a couple of weeks of messages, a deal was made!

DL45G9D131985 is a original California car, factory 383 Two-Row wagon, it was purchased by the previous owner in 2010 (Ish?) who took out the 383 and wanted to swap a modern Hemi into it but life got in the way and the car sat...until my dumbass messaged him..

Again, thanks @amazinblue82 and his friend Bob, who were able to get eyes on the car for me and also pick it up from the seller's property in Michigan.

The Polara is currently under the care of Bob until I can get it shipped out to me.

This is the picture I saw on FB -
161829036_10159124327452368_3314714082188775238_n.JPG

And some additional photos sent to me by bob on the day of Pickup -
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_9998.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG

Last edited:
Congrats @T-revorNobody

It is nice to see that DL45G9D131985 will be saved by someone who is passionate about 1969 wagons!

Very excited for you! The 69 Polara has such a commanding front end...great color too!

ive always liked wagons whats with the extra headlamp on the drivers side?

congratulations on your project.

Nice find T-revorNobody, nice color combination best of luck with it. Now ya gotta buy Wyatt's Servprolara to go with it, he might have some parts for ya :D.

Glad you finally found the one for you - it has been a long wait. I found this photo of interest:

19-jpg.jpg

It looks like someone was in the process of getting rid of the perforated hardboard headliner and was on a path of installing a cloth version like I did on my 1969 Town & Country that was used in the 1972 and up models. I say this because the metal extension that the dome light mounts to is one from a 72 and up model and is one of the pieces needed to make that conversion (the perforated hardboard held that dome light up on its own and it never stayed where it belongs when the hardboard collapses). There is also a piece needed to mount the rear compartment light as well so maybe your car already has that too. I love the cloth conversion that I completed on my T&C. it is the only way to go IMO.

Way to go man, but good looking car! Was it a blue colored car from the start?

Should be a neat car when completed. A Polara with a SuperLight and no cruise. Somebody was picking and choosing what they ordered, possibly? What are your plans for the wagon? Just curiouis.

Congrats!
CBODY67

Back