My 1969 Sport Fury convertible isn't starting now

MoPower

Reaction score
Alright so just recently bought a Sport Fury and ran great when it got up and running and one day when it was running it must of died and now nothing is working. When I turn ignition nothing happens no click nothing and I'm not getting any power from inside the car but was getting lights etc before it died that day I'm assuming a ground of some sort. So I then tried starting it by jumping the starter relay under the hood all it does is spark doesnt even get starter to turn over even when key is in turned to start position. So assuming somewhere inside something has went wrong cause I'm getting power up to the relay but doesnt even try to start itself up so looking for assistance on where to start looking for the problem. Thanks for any help someone can swing my way

The alt. gauge wires and or the gauge itself is where I would start.

You have power up to the starter relay, so check the next part in line...

Welcome aboard!
:hatwave:

Start with the battery. You can take the car and/or just the battery to AutoZone or Advance Auto Parts and have it tested for free. If the battery checks out good, clean up the battery posts and cables. They have an inexpensive tool that has a wire brush type device that cleans up the battery posts and cables and gets rid of the oxidation. Then you know for sure that your power source is 100% good to go.

Last edited:
The write up of the problem is so disconnected and confusing I'm not even going to try on this one.

Back