My 1971 Dodge Polara

MAGNUM77

Reaction score
Thought I would post a few pics of my new Polara. There were a couple of threads on here discussing it. Overall I’m very happy with the car. Right now I just plan on enjoying it.
It’s a 383 car. I did have dual exhaust put on yesterday- had single when I got it. The exhaust may not be to everyone’s liking but I had the mufflers and used them. Not to much drone inside. Do have some things I will probably do to the car in the future.

Pics

FC1210AC-29B1-4BB0-8658-0F529288E62F.jpeg

809CC59C-A687-45F0-943B-C66BD27633D5.jpeg

52511B28-A264-4E01-BD0E-7D3FD48C783E.jpeg

11DFFAE3-ECBE-472E-A97F-2DD9CEF0C4A1.jpeg

8C5AAF3B-C77D-4A03-90EF-A0150DCC12E6.jpeg

B1FE4179-CEC8-4A28-8EE8-0C0D0186D40C.jpeg

A4ADD73F-3C6B-495C-A762-3B81994A89D9.jpeg

11C5F27A-A1CD-489D-ADAF-0FD7F87DAE98.jpeg

2F869BC0-189F-4C3D-9AC6-A05D83CFE7DE.png

383, non air, drum brakes. Does have power steering. 8.75 rear. The car drives super nice!

Car has been repainted I know but doesn’t matter to me. I plan on maybe putting some different wheels on it and tires.

Good looking car! Like the color. Looks nice all stock and original. Good find.

Video of the exhaust. Like I said I had the mufflers so I used them. Not bad on the inside and I sorta like them. Real big difference in the stock single exhaust lol

With the exhaust change is there any difference in the way it runs or the power you can feel?

With the exhaust change is there any difference in the way it runs or the power you can feel?
Ran the same... Runs good. Maybe a little more peppy. Imagine u would feel more with HP manifolds or headers. Down the line I will add HP manifolds.

I will probably put a 140 mph speedo in it. I have one but it’s for a 72-73. And as far as the wheels go poverty caps and a set of Road Wheels. That way I will have several different options from time to time. And may put a stroker in it way down the line. But I’m just gonna enjoy it as she is now. I’m extremely happy with her and this car drives like a dream!!

Last edited:
Road wheels are always a good choice with these cars but finding a set of decent correct centres at a reasonable price will be a challenge. Great looking car as is. :thumbsup:

Thanks. I will also be keeping the current wheels. That’s probably what I will run for awhile.

I believe it has the wrong washer bottle- I know these can be pricey and the wrong drivers side mirror. I will leave that alone for now I kinda like the round one that’s on there. The car still has points. May upgrade to a electronic ignition at somepoint but in no rush to do so. It fires right up etc....

I believe it has the wrong washer bottle- I know these can be pricey and the wrong drivers side mirror. I will leave that alone for now I kinda like the round one that’s on there. The car still has points. May upgrade to a electronic ignition at somepoint but in no rush to do so. It fires right up etc....

Washer bottle appears to be correct.
Being a non necessity that is something you buy when it lands on your plate.

Thanks polara71! I thought it was the wrong one. And u r correct about being a non necessity.

I said appears, from the one photo it does look correct. I saw this car at Carlisle, I was disappointed to learn it had been repainted. It's a nice car regardless.

Yes it has been repainted. I like it regardless. I will have to get a better pic of the washer reservoir. Not that big of a deal . Everything works on the car and it is a true pleasure to drive.

Back