SOLD My 1972 yellow 2dr LeBaron for $7,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clover

Reaction score
Contact seller
I really need the money so I’ll offer up my ‘72 Imp if somebody wants it. I’m firm at $7K and it’s far from perfect but I think it’s well worth it. Somebody else- maybe not but I need at least $7K over the next few months so I’ve got to get that if I can sell. It shows 74K mileage and I believe it. It was from Arizona, then moved to Florida and then to Michigan. It does have minor body rust in a few places but is 100% solid underneath with factory undercoating. I’ve owned it since 2000 and never driven it in the winter. It had 56K when I bought it. It is the original drivetrain and the engine has never been gone through and doesn’t need it. The trans works perfectly and I added a Transgo kit for crisp (not hard) shifts, as well as part-throttle kickdown and no torque converter drainback. There are a few flaws in the gold leather interior but it is really nice. The upper paint surfaces are factory paint but both sides have been repainted. I replaced the original (sunbaked) yellow top with the incorrect black top on it now. I replaced all the suspension bushings, front and rear (had to make the rear spring bushings by modifying a Chevy truck bushing). This car runs and drives perfectly. ATC II works (replaced amp, connector, push-button switch and servo, as well as compressor, drier and expansion valve.) Everything works. Aftermarket CD player blends well. PM me if you are interested and want to know more. I will tell you all the good and bad.

1E4B0596-87F2-4D45-9727-3198BC7789F1.jpeg

511CB402-070A-4F9C-97A7-883B2815C158.jpeg

2B32AC74-A3C3-4967-8789-5064F5475899.jpeg

DCBE9FE5-E876-44D8-9D69-A57777050A16.jpeg

52707C14-9531-48C8-9530-46C273084266.jpeg

C56410D9-9236-47ED-A58B-F62FA6B3892B.jpeg

B4F072D6-6B98-499D-BC28-47032C7C3F96.jpeg

59C3BD12-B17D-401D-96B2-1321E83CBAC0.jpeg

B79D681E-4EB4-4D79-8CD1-F1F3F9A9D0EA.jpeg

7615114F-E9E3-4971-94B8-CD3E7E113B7C.jpeg

Last edited:
That color is Honeydew, one that I really like. I believe that car would look really nice with the original gold V1Y top too.

I have a 71 Imperial 2 door also Honeydew, and I love it. That color looks even better in person. Your price seems pretty reasonable.

It would be great if you got what you wanted in $ and it stayed in the forum family...bad timing for me since I got this one coming right now to Minnesota. However, I do like your coupe a lot.
IMG951750.jpg

You are a doctor, so money is not the concern!
Instead storage space may be...

I’m Shocked you’re selling Bob!:wideyed:
And sell you will at that price imo..
I can vouch for the car’s existence as I’ve only sat in it while it was running(so I didn’t have to make vroom vroom noises) but what I can vouch for is the character of its owner. I bought my Imp from Bob and am proud to call him a friend, at least up until the moment I had to find out about this on some forum...:poke:

LOVE this car.

That'd be the second under $10,000 car I've seen in ONE WEEK that I would have hopped on had I not sunk the dough I have into my 67 (which is still not road worthy).

LOVE this car.

That'd be the second under $10,000 car I've seen in ONE WEEK that I would have hopped on had I not sunk the dough I have into my 67 (which is still not road worthy).

Ya well, if I can get the Newport sorted (and sold) quickly enough, I may be jumping on this one myself. Those are two big IF's though.

Ya well, if I can get the Newport sorted (and sold) quickly enough, I may be jumping on this one myself. Those are two big IF's though.
I know the feeling. It's really too bad. Beverly is pretty much exactly the slabbie I want (we needn't get into Fusies or Formals). I just don't have her to the point that I can drive her and have little to NO desire to sell her.

I just want another Cbody that I can drive while she gets sorted ... then drive Bev while the other gets sorted. Wow, this is how it starts, huh?

I know the feeling. It's really too bad. Beverly is pretty much exactly the slabbie I want (we needn't get into Fusies or Formals). I just don't have her to the point that I can drive her and have little to NO desire to sell her.

I just want another Cbody that I can drive while she gets sorted ... then drive Bev while the other gets sorted. Wow, this is how it starts, huh?

Yep. That's exactly how it starts! I purchased a pretty well sorted Dart to drive around while I sort out the GTX. Weeeeelllll, the Newport dropped into my lap for a good price and I knew I had to try and save her. So now I have 3, and the Newport needs the most help, so the other two have just been sitting!! Yikes!

Yep. That's exactly how it starts! I purchased a pretty well sorted Dart to drive around while I sort out the GTX. Weeeeelllll, the Newport dropped into my lap for a good price and I knew I had to try and save her. So now I have 3, and the Newport needs the most help, so the other two have just been sitting!! Yikes!
Welp, as nothing is in my price range (zilch) I guess I'll just be happy getting greasy.
I need to get my neighbor to stop popping by in his Galaxie while I'm working on Bev though. Love the guy, love his car, but he's really starting to p*** me off ....... with his "road worthy" this n that.

Nice Chrysler,
I am interested in purchasing it would you please call me.
Tim (716)-827-1849

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back