My 1973 Town&Country

73 T&C

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Here's the reason I joined this site......

I hope you enjoy the pictures of this car as much as I enjoy reading the different forums and commentary.

This is a 6300o mile original survivor which has been in my care for about three years....

other than removal of all the pep boy replacement parts with NOS parts where available,cleaning and some detailing she is as I found her

I believe I am the second registered owner having bought it from a broker in Arizona. I have all the receipts and original South Dakota owners purchase info from new, build sheets, brochures, trade in info, manuals even the ad from the Chicago dealer advertising this car for $5600.

She even has her original double stripe Goodyear custom polyglas LR78-15 spare with original 1973 air.....

The only non original parts besides the belts and hoses (working on those) are the road wheels which look great on it.....

i detailed a set of AMC centers to match the mopars and was pleasantly surprised they were the same.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
That is a clean wagon! How old are the tires on the road wheels?

Stamped 2009.... They were about a year old when I got them and almost no wear which makes me think broker probably had them mounted prior to sale. That and they are genuine "Arizona" radials. Ride fine, no vibration at 80 mph and quiet..... But that may be the "Quiet Ride" at work.

There was a long discussion on white walls on another thread.....

Last edited:
6,300 miles! That is mind boggling.
That car looks flawless enough to be a Reference Car.
Gorgeous!

< Sent from my tablet >

Yeah that is one fine wagon, congrats and welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Sweet machine. By the way, the AMC Volcano caps are not the same as the Chrysler ones. Yes they are very close, and they fit road wheels, but they are not the same.

Sweet machine. By the way, the AMC Volcano caps are not the same as the Chrysler ones. Yes they are very close, and they fit road wheels, but they are not the same.

There were two types of centers for the Mopar road wheels. The early ones like mine and the later ones after about 1975 which are flatter. Is that what you mean or is there something else?

My caps match the ones in the accessories brochure that came with the car as far as I can tell. I did have to remove the foils inserts that said "American Motors" and paint the area black.

Is that what you mean?

I still kept the steelies and original caps.

Last edited:
There were two types of centers for the Mopar road wheels. The early ones like mine and the later ones after about 1975 which are flatter. Is that what you mean or is there something else?

My caps match the ones in the accessories brochure that came with the car as far as I can tell. I did have to remove the foils inserts that said "American Motors" and paint the area black.

Is that what you mean?

I still kept the steelies and original caps.

I mean that the AMC Cap have a smaller "button" on the top with a ridge. As well they are more narrow on top than the Chrysler ones...that's all.

$(KGrHqRHJEcFDJbkprI0BQ7+1PuzKQ~~60_35.jpg

300CenterCaps-01.jpg

I mean that the AMC Cap have a smaller "button" on the top with a ridge. As well they are more narrow on top than the Chrysler ones...that's all.

Good to learn! That's why I joined. Thanks.

They are very very similar.

Something else to search for now.

Back